Stage Coach 1848 by Eddie - Artesania Latina - Scale 1:10

Eddie

Hey howya goin all, here I've just started to put sanding seal on the trunk.    :bird-vi:

590c70db9bfc9_StageCoach043.thumb.JPG.7b3eb4efd136bc40bfd06fc6441e266f.JPG

In the  instructions manual they show you just butting the pieces of wood together to me that looks crap here I've mitered all the timber

590c70df427ca_StageCoach044.thumb.JPG.15365ce4e27ee9364a60eef994580738.JPG

Here is a macro look at the small pieces with 45 degree angle on them all hand cut.

590c70e256ad1_StageCoach045.thumb.JPG.952a7416b0570bbd5cb9e8a7aadc9970.JPG

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

HMS Victory, scale 1:64 or 1:48, POF Scratch Build (John McKay's plans)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Galley Washington 1776, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (NRG's Plans)

Ragusian Carrack, scale 1:59, POB kit (MarisStella)

King of the Mississippi, scale 1:80, POB Kit (Artesania Latina)

HMS Snake 1797, 18 Gun Sloop of War, scale 1:64, POB Kit (Jotika/CalderCraft)

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.

Nice work Eddie!

Current build : Fokker Dr 1

Completed non-boat build 1/16 Model expo Sopwith Camel - in shore leave.

Previous boat builds:

Yacht Mary

Artesania Latina Red Dragon (Modified)

Non-boat build 1/24 scale Dennis bus by OcCre - in shore leave.

Mare Nostrum (modified)  Amati Oseberg (modified)  Chaperon sternwheel steamer 1884   Constructo Lady Smith kit/scratch build   

OcCre Santisima Trinidad Cross Section 

Constructo Robert E Lee Paddle Steamer  Constructo Louise, steam powered river boat   OcCre Bounty with cutaway hull 

Corel Scotland Baltic Ketch (not on MSW) OcCre Spirit of Mississippi paddle steamer (not on MSW)

In the Gallery:
 Mare Nostrum   Oesberg  Constructo Lady Smith   Constructo Robert E Lee   Constructo Louise   OcCre Bounty   OcCre Spirit of Mississippi

Hey Eddie. This is an interesting kit u´ve got. Seeing it is going diligently... ok, off with the puns. Nice work. Be following along. :)

Thanks for stopping by Vivian.   :bird-vi:

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.

On 5/6/2017 at 0:59 AM, Mike Dowling said:

Nice work Eddie!

Thanks Mike.

Hey howya goin all, just a quick update, heres a funny thing, after I cut the strips for going around the trunk I stained them to make them stand out more from the rest of the trunk the thing is the trunk is made from Walnut, the strips are made from Walnut, I stained the stips.... Walnut..... D'oh! :default_wallbash:   

5913957936720_StageCoach046.thumb.JPG.371ebe7e70a3e426606651bd17d4ea9a.JPG

Here I've restain them with black stain and have started to stick the to the trunk.   :bird-vi:

5913957c8b750_StageCoach047.thumb.JPG.ca72484d9197f4b8f16dd65f9c415269.JPG

5913957f51049_StageCoach048.thumb.JPG.a5acf7f3dd769bd579bec6f7b929b345.JPG

just found this log eddie looks really cool will def be following along one thing I did notice was the zap nozzles I also use zap a gap what I tend to do is save all me fizzy drink bottle caps and pour a small amount at a time into one then I use a metal dental pick type tool to aply small amounts of glue or if I really wanna spread glue in a hurry use a small length of planking ,the metal tool I can scrape clean the planking gets binned as does the bottle cap ,some times ive used the same bottle cap for two days running and the glue in it is still workable ,sorry if im teaching granny to suck eggs just explaining how I do use zap a gap anyways goodluck with your build looks really interesting to follow

On 5/11/2017 at 8:52 AM, Steve 12345 said:

one thing I did notice was the zap nozzles

Hey howya goin Steve mate, thanks for stopping in and following mate. I only use the nozzles for running long lenths of very thin glue on thin strips and I use an upturned small paint bottle with a little ripped piece of foil on it when I'm using PE and just throw away the piece of foil away when it gets to much dryed glue on it  :bird-vi:

Hey howya goin all, a quick update, almost finished putting the rest of the timber on the lid of the trunk, I've bent the handles with my new grab handler tool. I've decided to put the 9 volt battery into the trunk it fits just right in there and the on/off push switch should just fit into the lid of the trunk don't have it yet it's in the mail. My display case will have hinges so I can have easy access to the switch and the battery.   :bird-vi:

5918a21648672_StageCoach049.thumb.JPG.6c0ae63b621bd55c292c51a45748fe8d.JPG

Neat idea that. I take it you are going to twin wire the lights then ?

Previous boat builds:

Yacht Mary

Mare Nostrum (modified)  Amati Oseberg (modified)  Chaperon sternwheel steamer 1884   Constructo Lady Smith kit/scratch build   

Constructo Robert E Lee Paddle Steamer  Constructo Louise, steam powered river boat   OcCre Bounty with cutaway hull 

Corel Scotland Baltic Ketch (not on MSW) OcCre Spirit of Mississippi paddle steamer (not on MSW)

In the Gallery:
 Mare Nostrum   Oesberg  Constructo Lady Smith   Constructo Robert E Lee   Constructo Louise   OcCre Bounty   OcCre Spirit of Mississippi

hey howya goin Mike mate, yeah both lights will be running off of one battery.   :bird-vi:

Hey howya goin all, just a little update, I,ve made a jig to heat bend the outside of the cabin walls.   :bird-vi:

591d6138b20e2_StageCoach050.thumb.JPG.1360fb57dc742b20f53089e5feb929ed.JPG

591d613bb86ba_StageCoach051.thumb.JPG.1fa980ceea2f77c878828991a81ebb67.JPG

Hey howya goin all, I've glued the bottom and the top beams altogether, I put sticky tape on my bench so the glue doesn't stick to my cutting mat and used the grid on my cutting mat to keep everything square. Now to leave it to sit for 24 hours  :bird-vi:591de7a48273c_StageCoach052.thumb.JPG.e898069e97b7f1d6e118754aed64d23d.JPG 

591de7acae0ef_StageCoach053.thumb.JPG.4c0311cd36a2a86431c7c9ae8c3932d5.JPG 

591de7b414453_StageCoach054.thumb.JPG.3e650becff268b2fb8529505f0e92f27.JPG

That's quite a feat of scaffolding/engineering happening there Eddie :D . Should turn out nice and square.

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

Hahaha thanks Danny.    :bird-vi:

I really hate myself for doing this but, are you sure that the base should not be on the outside? I mean on top of the sides not between them?

Previous boat builds:

Yacht Mary

In the Gallery:

Hahaha yeah I to didn't realize when I first got it how big with was till I made the back wheel and it was the size of my hand.    :bird-vi:

Its that way in the book mike, there is another piece that goes on the outside shown in pic.    :bird-vi:5920c63b71c50_StageCoach050.thumb.JPG.a9d7f5ee6a2c51d87c88645f2649d134.JPG

OK matey, I can see what you are doing now. Sorry to be thick!

Previous boat builds:

Yacht Mary

In the Gallery:

hey howya goin Mike mate, if you see me doing anything wrong don't hesitate to let me know mate.    :bird-vi:

On 4/25/2017 at 1:21 AM, Eddie said:

DON'T BUY THIS BRAND OF CLAMPS that are in the last 3 pics THEY ARE CRAP they are cheap chinese made they dont even hold that good

Hey howya goin all, I said this Quote back in post 14 just before I was about to throw them in the rubbish bin I decided to take one apart

5925dd9c6381f_Tools034.JPG.431f47519ebe4ceec3afd73330db9731.JPG

5925dd9fe93a6_Tools035.JPG.f7b4b4952d6c2e1a0100c163bb61727d.JPG

I had to grid the end to beable to take the handle part off of the bar

5925dda2b4824_Tools036.JPG.9d57e1ef0cd748e60023cc4c597b7db5.JPG

and low and beholed my suspicion on how they made them I was right, the first bar is made from different type of metal but that doesn't matter what matters is that it is rounded on one side and does not grip the bar like it should be doing, the other two metal bars where made the right way with sharp edges

5925dda586726_Tools037.JPG.6b892097af0a09f2fa1d19789cf17fcc.JPG

so I replace the first metal bar with the second metal bar and put it back together and now they work like the ment to do.     

5925dda80c5f9_Tools038.JPG.6a40f35873ccec7c25a468b743c78fa4.JPG

Why they where made like this is probably designed by someone who doesn't know how quick grip clamps work    :bird-vi:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What's happened to your build Eddie ? Did you see the Sopwith ?

Previous boat builds:

Yacht Mary

In the Gallery:

55 minutes ago, Mike Dowling said:

What's happened to your build Eddie ? Did you see the Sopwith ?

Eddie seems to have left us. His last post was the one above last April. I hope it's nothing serious.

Cheers, Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

• 2 years later...

Would love to see any progress with this.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Eddie seems to disappeared into the void.  His last post was in 2017.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 3 weeks later...

I bought this wagon for my husband, the DVD for the instructions doesn’t work. Not happy, unsure where to get the building instructions again. It took over a month to receive it in the mail, don’t want to have to wait that long again