The Journal is now Digital Read more... ×
Kevin

At a Glance: A Snapshot of MSW Members' Current Projects

Have you ever browsed through your favorite build to see what the full build looks like at the present time?

Have you ever wondered what else is being built on MSW 2.0, it may be a kit, scratch, R/C, card or plastic, or any other material, including digital reconstruction.

I am inviting all members to post a latest photo of their build (side elevation)and a link to that build, so everyone can see what it looks like, and give others an idea of what else is going on.

I am not trying to create a multitude of build logs under one topic, just photo’s so we can all see what is going on.

This will possibly help others in deciding on what to build next

Anyone interested?

post-846-0-12609900-1464636968_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin

Harrier has her masts and standing rigging installed and all servos to make her go.

Awaiting running rigging and sail installation.

sailing in a couple months hopefully.

IMG_1516.thumb.JPG.d87d0a14b2bc2979c71b9b78a2cb9fb5.JPG

Hello Everyone,  Not the most experienced builder but to challenge myself I've taken on the Royal William. I've had a good deal of help from members and I am getting along pretty well, most of all I'm enjoying the build.  This is where I'm up to at the moment.

Ken

303.thumb.jpg.95f87f7d329f92f21954137a75a86187.jpg300.thumb.jpg.dac1bcd658c950c904c8594ce206bf0a.jpg280.thumb.jpg.b190f9c36ec196af800d668c8a92ddb9.jpg

Now that Chaperon is finished I am getting back to the Granado, a JoTiKa Kit that I purchased for a group build maybe 10 years ago. The group build got hacked and all the pictures were lost.  I have worked off and on on the Granado since then but not consistently.  My goal is to finish it before the end of 2017. The picture is it's latest status--I just threaded the forward port deadeyes on the port toppmast shroud this afternoon.

granado_edited-1.jpg

Guys, just a reminder: Comments on these builds-in-progress are welcome -- but please put them in the appropriate build logs, not in this thread. This thread is for updates only.

WWII Japanese Destroyer IJN Amatsukaze (Card Model) as of September 14th 2017. Link to build log in my signature.

This will be my last update on this thread - I only have the two Motor Launches to fit and then the Rigging. Next post will be in the Gallery :).

Progress Sep 14 2017 (2).JPG

Progress Sep 14 2017 (3).JPG

:cheers:  Danny

Hello folks,

a view at the Frgatee Berlin at the moment. I just finished standing rigging, fixed the anchors and the lantern (got a nwe one as the kit's lantern does not look good) The flags are also not the flags provided with the kit, I purchased some substitutes that look 100 times better... Next will be the job with the yards and sails - hopefully I will finish the Berlin in about two months

Cheerio

Max

berlin_164.jpg

Gentlemen, may I post a few gentle reminders? The guidelines for this thread state to include one profile photo of your model. If you have been working on a particular area of your model that begs for a close-up shot, then make that your one photo. Also, no general comments in this thread -- post those in the builder's build log. Which brings me to my last reminder: it's difficult for someone who may want to comment on your model to do so if you haven't included a link to it anywhere in your post. So please make sure you include a link!

Remember, this thread is supposed to provide just a quick taste of what our members are currently building; anyone who wishes to drink deeply of your work should be directed to the appropriate log.

Thank you!

Oh, and don't forget to delete prior updates!

Hello folks

just a update: I finished my Fregatte Berlin. I will take some photos the next days and create a gallery. As a first impression see the attached pic - I am pleased with the result although there are some smaller mistakes (as always). But the overall impression is fully satisfying.

See you soon with my gallery

Cheerio

Maximilian

:10_1_10::10_1_10::piratebo5:

berlin_184.jpg

Royal William by Vince P. Euromodel 1/70 scale as of 02/18/18

Working on the foremast rigging after stepping mast into ship. She will be full rigged with sails. I think I am the first one to attempt building her with sails. This project has taken me over 4 years so far. Probably another 1 to 1-1/2 years to go. This is without a doubt the most challenging project ever for me. It is also the most fun I have had in this hobby as well. :)

Vince P. :dancetl6:

Link to build log is below.

http://modelshipworl...+royal +william

pict0577.jpg

Ahoy Mates

Here's the two anchors for my Cheerful,still have some touch up work to do before they are completed. This is just before they are Testors Dulcoted overall.

Great way to make them Chuck,wood is great to work with. Far better than the white metal crap or brass. After they get painted,who can tell what they have been made of.

Noe onto the ratlines and the rest of the rigging.

Keith and Pickels

anchors 3-31-2018 001.JPG