Kevin

At a Glance: A Snapshot of MSW Members' Current Projects

64 posts in this topic

Plodding along with rigging shrouds on the Friesland.  P.S, The super glue is to stiffen the ends of the line to pass through blocks etc..

20170112_053350.jpg

coxswain, toms10, egkb and 23 others like this

Dom Fernado II e Gloria.

Not much difference just made and installed the ladder. The picture gives a good view of the interior and your guide.

I think my copper needs a little repair.

076.thumb.jpg.63bbc849fd0ab7b3373170bffdb89259.jpg

Thanks for watching.

Mark

Anja, donrobinson, mtaylor and 19 others like this

Royal William by Vince P. Euromodel 1/70 scale as of 04/10/17

All of the topside deck fixtures are completed. Currently working on the outside hull fixtures.

Have about 3-1/2 years into her so far. Probably another 1-1/2 years to go.

http://modelshipworl...+royal +william

Vince P.  :dancetl6:

pict0511.jpg

Canute, petervisser, Dubz and 20 others like this

Having spent more than three decades building and finishing a highly detailed model railroad, it was

time for a new challenge. I've been a steam boat fan for many years and have been attracted to

Bluejacket's PORTLAND during that time. So I purchased the kit knowing full well that this build will

be way, way, way over my head. Started building her on May 1st of last year. Took this photo this

morning.

John

IMG_0001_opt (5).jpg

Work on Soleil Royal' interior cabins. Pictured are the Great Cabin (lower) and the Admiral'ss Cabin (upper). Captain's Cabin has yet to be built. All the cabins have or ill have flickering LED lights to simulate actual lantern lighting and will be visible through the stern lights when fully enclosed.  

58f385c83ac64_Cabin2.jpg.0af9235656b48765e97da3d4c7c71f78.jpg

Hi folks

had so little time the past weeks to build up my Fregatte Berlin. But the last week I finished the hull and installed the guns. Next will be to color the decorations and fix them. After this I will start to create the masts. They are not rods but square-shaped timber and I have to shape them. Not sure if I like this, we will see.

Cheerio

Max

berlin_136.jpg

Greetings,

Spent the winter building Amati's Coca merchantman, then took a break and machined the tiny steam launch engine which, to my amazement, taking into account

my minimal machining skills, works! Now, back to planking....

Coca 21.jpg

Hello. Just finished with tree nailing and the transom on my Sherbourne. Sitting and planing next step that will be the planking of the hull. I don't know if I dare to try clinker planking.

DSC_1519.JPG

Ahoy Mates

Had a great time at the IPMS Seattle Show yesterday. The Mary Rose cmae threw the 340 mile drive up to Seattle and back without any damage or lose lines,or any hands at the show. Came back with a couple of things to go with the Mary Rose when it goes into a case. 1st Place Ribbon for Non-Powered Ships All Scales,and Best Of Show Ship Award. Yes this was an IPMS Show and Pickels and I beat out all the sub's,battleships,freighters,destoyers and a great scratch built North Sea Anchor Tender in 1/100 scale. It was a great show with over 1,000 models entered. And they had record attendance yesterday. Check out their web site at IPMS Seattle. I think it will take a couple days or more before they have photos of the show.

Here's the Mary Rose safe at home with what I brought back to share with my shipyard help-Pickels.

Thanks to Wood from Jason at Crown Timberyard,Deadeyes,miniature rope From Chuck at Syren that made my build even better.

Keith and Pickels from Troutdale,Oregon

awards 4-23-2017 001.JPG

MEDDO, Mike Y, maggsl_01 and 21 others like this

Hi folks!

Shadow's journey continues!  There's still bucket loads more work to go, especially on the internal accommodation, but, heaps of fun at the same time.

Cheers

Patrick

2017-04-30 22.20.05.jpg

2017-04-30 22.10.26.jpg

Beginning to bend on sail on my 1/48 scale Yawl Dulcibella. Up till now it's been months of manufacturing sub assemblies and now I can start installing them. Also I'm realizing the Belaying Plan I worked up long ago needs more reconsidering as the realities of placement manifest.

IMG_1770.JPG

John Allen, Omega1234, EJ_L and 6 others like this

La Couronne's rigging is well underway. More than likely, the next time I update this topic she will be completed and ready for her maiden voyage to the display case!

22.JPG

Hi  Mates,

Been busy with standing rigging. For me this is a real step forward. Thanks so much for all of your previous likes - All very encouraging indeed.5938c5150798f_IMG_7176copy.thumb.jpg.c4b8e86df636373908fe78a772bb03c5.jpg