Kevin

At a Glance: A Snapshot of MSW Members' Current Projects

72 posts in this topic

Plodding along with rigging shrouds on the Friesland.  P.S, The super glue is to stiffen the ends of the line to pass through blocks etc..

20170112_053350.jpg

I've gotten more planking done on my Cheerful.  The starboard side is complete, now it's on to the last half of the port side.

58c05d6f65ecf_Cheerful(181).thumb.JPG.3a448d4d2c9cfda97051581dad3451ae.JPG

Erik

Dom Fernado II e Gloria.

Not much difference just made and installed the ladder. The picture gives a good view of the interior and your guide.

I think my copper needs a little repair.

076.thumb.jpg.63bbc849fd0ab7b3373170bffdb89259.jpg

Thanks for watching.

Mark

US 18 gun brig Syren (Model Shipways, scale 1:64) – I just started with the rigging of the guns.

Thomas

Img_1.thumb.JPG.51654a1cfc8628ce08af30ba25f9940f.JPG

Img_2.thumb.JPG.82dbc7765c8a0ff9584f1f52c501a0ed.JPG

src, Dubz, EJ_L and 21 others like this

Ahoy Mates

Great stern wheeler and dio. for it to be showcased in. I have one of these kit's waiting to be built. But here's where my Mary Rose is at now. Just working on it's base so that I can mount is before I do some of the final rigging on the stern outrigger and bowsprit. Base is out of Popular and stained. Finish is Testors Dulcote spayed on two coats and then rubbed out to a nice shine.

I have the center keel blocks in place under the hull. Working on the tapered haul blocks that will go in between the strakes under the hull sides in four places. Then I will have 4 wale shores.

Then have to make up name plates. Cut out a style that I might use,what do you think?

Keith 

base 3-18-2017 002.JPG

I'm moving on from Hull, Deck Furniture Spar Making and beginning work on the rigging of my Yawl Dulcibella. It took me longer than I imagined it would to list and define all the running rigging and blocks, now I'm making blocks from laminated  paper and some are visible lower right.

IMG_1035.JPG

Ahoy Mates

Just finished up mounting the Mary Rose to it's base. Then it's just some rigging and finish work for the rudder and tiller and my just over 3 years time on it will be at an end.

Enjoy what you build,because no one else knows just how much work you have put into it.

The Mary Rose will be at the Seattle IPMS Annual Show this April 22nd at the Renton Community Center in Renton,Wash. just south of Seattle. 9 AM-4PM. If you live near Seattle come and see it,sorry to say Pickels will not be with me and the  ship at the show.

Keith

Mary Rose dry docked!!!!3-23-2017 002.JPG

GuntherMT, toms10, egkb and 8 others like this