Kevin

At a Glance: A Snapshot of MSW Members' Current Projects

Have you ever browsed through your favorite build to see what the full build looks like at the present time?

Have you ever wondered what else is being built on MSW 2.0, it may be a kit, scratch, R/C, card or plastic, or any other material, including digital reconstruction.

I am inviting all members to post a latest photo of their build (side elevation)and a link to that build, so everyone can see what it looks like, and give others an idea of what else is going on.

I am not trying to create a multitude of build logs under one topic, just photo’s so we can all see what is going on.

This will possibly help others in deciding on what to build next

Anyone interested?

No automatic alt text available.

Edited by Kevin

Gentlemen, may I post a few gentle reminders? The guidelines for this thread state to include one profile photo of your model. If you have been working on a particular area of your model that begs for a close-up shot, then make that your one photo. Also, no general comments in this thread -- post those in the builder's build log. Which brings me to my last reminder: it's difficult for someone who may want to comment on your model to do so if you haven't included a link to it anywhere in your post. So please make sure you include a link!

Remember, this thread is supposed to provide just a quick taste of what our members are currently building; anyone who wishes to drink deeply of your work should be directed to the appropriate log.

Thank you!

Oh, and don't forget to delete prior updates!

Royal William by Vince P. Euromodel 1/70 scale as of 02/18/18

Working on the foremast rigging after stepping mast into ship. She will be full rigged with sails. I think I am the first one to attempt building her with sails. This project has taken me over 4 years so far. Probably another 1 to 1-1/2 years to go. This is without a doubt the most challenging project ever for me. It is also the most fun I have had in this hobby as well. :)

Vince P. :dancetl6:

Link to build log is below.

http://modelshipworl...+royal +william

pict0577.jpg

Ahoy Mates

Here's the two anchors for my Cheerful,still have some touch up work to do before they are completed. This is just before they are Testors Dulcoted overall.

Great way to make them Chuck,wood is great to work with. Far better than the white metal crap or brass. After they get painted,who can tell what they have been made of.

Noe onto the ratlines and the rest of the rigging.

Keith and Pickels

anchors 3-31-2018 001.JPG

Posted (edited)

At last I have finished the @#$%^^&&* ratlines on the Granado.  Gosh is that a tedious job! I am puzzled as to why the instructions (this is the JoTiKa kit) have you do the ratlines in light thread and then stain with India ink.  Why not just do them in black to begin with?

Next  the crowsfeet and then the yards and running rigging and this 10 year build will finally end.

ratlines.jpg

Edited by ragove

Current state of interior fit-out of my ‘doll boat’ - a 1:12 scale model of a 40 foot cruising sailboat that started from a bare hull discovered in an attic. It’s being made into my personal take on a doll house for my five year old daughter. It’s a custom interior design to suit a small family living aboard.

4245B81D-66A9-4A0B-B121-A45F4E9B07C9.thumb.jpeg.21a7bd79635e56b19bd9dd5d2770270c.jpeg

Link: 

Was in a brain funk, Vic needs to be finished mizzen rigging, started the CSS Hunley cutaway showing crew and running gear,  then stepped on brakes.

Looked over in some miscellany I had purchased as a lot on Craigslist and saw a broken 1/2 model sail boat. Picked it up and started putting it back together. 2 inches of stern broken off 2 inches of keel broken off. Carved a new stern piece, glued the broken piece of keel back on. It was a little weird I kept going no log went fast here I am now. Have to add seating and polycoat and mount on board. Had extra walnut and mahogany for decking, safety rail round head sewing pins. Brain funk diminishing.

half2.thumb.jpg.3b7b31fa2c4238caf7c6b1f26f414d74.jpg.      2088373458_halfmodel.thumb.jpg.1d789fff196fd6d84379c8dbb08e2b22.jpg

Thought I should post on this thread. Have invested in white blackout blind as a backdrop. Works reasonably well. Anyhoo here's Le Mirage all oiled up!

IMG_20181008_194924533.thumb.jpg.442c61211e1ec12b9c787a1e78666c1f.jpg

Cheers, Nick

These photos show the status of my heavily modified hybrid model of the 1/87 Aurora whaling bark Wanderer.   Most of the ships main deck frames have been installed, but I am unsure at this point about having the main hatch left open or not.  I am also unsure about leaving the transom as is or removing it and replacing it with wood as the plastic seam is a poorly matched fit.   That is why the final deck beams haven't been installed yet, as I need to leave a little access space to get the lower deck slipped into place and replacing the transom.

My modeling is currently on hold until my new elevator installation is finished, which is being done as we speak.:dancetl6:

100_4804.thumb.JPG.da2af047affa4eb96fe47c8d2cda5844.JPG

100_4805.thumb.JPG.efe7ef24fc58732b31231ba859068f7f.JPG 

This is the state of my Titanic 1/350 from Minicraft.

There is no build log for her here, as I started this before I became a member here on MSW.

There was a log though over at TRMA (Titanic Modelling and Research Association), but that

place suddenly just dissapeared from the known universe.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers!

PA140084.thumb.JPG.07432ae1e753288161a259a42e341106.JPGPA140085.thumb.JPG.31396d09bab5fa5885ec78b1290eafc8.JPG

You may have noticed my Niagara build log has been idle since the summer? I set it aside when I completed hull and deck furniture and took a break by building two Ship In Bottle models. I find that alternating between two projects helps to keep the enthusiasm for both alive since as one becomes dull and repetitive you can switch to the other. So here are the two SIB models. The warship is HMS Ramillies, 74, and the barkentine has no name. The 74 is complete and the barkentine is having her sails bent on. By the end of the week they should both be complete and in the bottle. THEN I can get back to Niagara which I now feel eager and enthused to return to. There is a website VERY SIMILAR to Model Ship World that focuses exclusively on Ships in Bottles and I have a build log there for the 74, if anyone is curious about the process involved. http://www.bottledshipbuilder.com/  I have the same name there as here.

B75740A6-7E69-453C-BF5A-16B618B76D2A.jpeg