I am a real novice when it comes to taking pictures and posting them so I have a simple question.

When I try to post a picture on this site I always get the message it is to large to post.

The only way I know to get it to stick is to crop it down which often means it is so selective that it 

does not "show the whole story". 

Is there any way to reduce the picture quality so I can show the whole subject?

JMS

Eddie likes this

Hey howya goin Johnny mate, This is for people who use windows.    :bird-vi:

To open it in "Paint" or "MS Paint"for older windows users put your mouse over the photo right click on you mouse, go down to "Open with" then a column will pop up then click on "Paint" it will open in Paint.

005.png.02742f52c62b0fc55b9234cb4a5801ef.png

When it's open in paint then click on Resize.

001.png.ec4afc5ef34577f07ad7a7b29375f087.png

A new window will open then click on Pixels.

002.thumb.png.b88d3a34fa6c8bb4baede7bd2b529035.png

Find the biggest number out of the two which in my pic is the "Vertical: 800" yours will be higher then that, change that to say from  800 to 1600, 1600 x 1200 pixels and 1200 x 1600 pixels is the biggest this forum will allow, click ok, close the program and don't for get to save it and your done post away. As for file size I don't know you will have to look that up somewhere.

003.thumb.png.91c4a39318165f1eeea04312b08d9179.png

So there is really no need to goto 1600 pixels see pics below.

1300 x 975 pixels1300.thumb.JPG.3d5c596bb56bf111e1c63b23709d15a9.JPG

1000 x 750 pixels

1000.JPG.dd0d1cfb5ebbc2e3a21d02deeee02629.JPG

800 x 600 pixels

800.JPG.eab44ff16ff5da75f3996257fd455022.JPG

see the quality is still the same.

So leave a Like, Comment and Subscribe... Wait this isn't youtube...Forget the last 3 things I said to do.   :bird-vi:

I've been able to reliably post 1600x1600, so you should be able to get fairly good detailed photo's posted.  Please don't resize your beautiful build log photo's to a tiny size like 640x480. :)  Go with the largest that will reliably post, like 1600x1200 etc.

I haven't experimented in the new software to see if I can go larger, but 1600x worked well prior to the update and is well under the file size limits of 2mb.

Eddie, mtaylor, donrobinson and 1 other like this

I downloaded a program called faststone have had very good success with it there is also a tutorial on utube of how to use it 

Eddie and mtaylor like this

Hi all just wondering how to post pictures with a iPad as I am a bit of a dummy when it comes to technology so it has to be a idiots guide :default_wallbash:I am going to start a build of the Sol Royal by Deag after finishing off my Vasa in a couple of weeks and would love to share my build with you. Thanks for helping. Black Viking aka Martyn 

There's a few options...

1) If your IPad is accessing the internet via wireless, add your IPad to a network with your PC and allow sharing, then you will be able to access the files on your IPad when you click on choose files... below.

2) If you plug your IPad into your PC then you should be able to access the IPAD using File Explorer on your PC.

Eddie, mtaylor and BLACK VIKING like this

Thanks Dilbert for the response the only problem is that I haven't got a PC just the iPad my old Pc bit the dust awhile ago  :o

Martyn 

Hey howya goin Martyn  mate, first type in what you are normaly goin to say then tap on "Click to choose files" it will then ask you from where tap on "Photo Library" select the photo you want then tap "Done" it will uplaod it

IMG_0353.thumb.JPG.a8514b290c7793cd664f493c6736c64f.JPG

Then to put the pic in the thread tap on the "+" sign and it will insert it into the post.

Untitled.thumb.png.ee74653f0c24e8f82ca54055991adfce.png

Remember to tap return everytime you add a pic to the post.    :bird-vi:

Anja, BLACK VIKING and mtaylor like this

Martyn as for resizing you will need to do search on the web like "How to resize photos on and IPad" if they are to big.   :bird-vi:

mtaylor and BLACK VIKING like this

I've previosly posted pics into both build logs and to a gallery of completed models (though not for a couple of years). 

I want to post to a new gallery with the pics of my latest completed model. But the uploader won't accept the pics. They're Photoshop jpg files. Even at 325Kb file size (closed – open 900Kb) which is 480x640 pixels, the uploader returns: Upload failed. 

What am I doing wrong? (I'm a graphic designer, so I understand image resolution etc)

Cal