Hey all,

I was about to plank this side in. The other side is completely done. I won't be ordering my bow thruster until the end of this month. If I complete the planking here, the only access to the cuddy (inner nose of the bow) will be through the top. The top would be open as I only have the decks pinned down. My intention is to prep and cut 20mm holes but order a 30mm thruster. Can all this be done if I close this planking off?

I've also attached a photo. Regardless of the planking stuff, which of the 3 compartments does the thruster typically get installed?

(i have a build thread labelled as Smit Rotterdam)

20170511_183323.jpg

"It's better to have it and not want it, than to need it and not have it"

Tommy Lee Jones as Col. Agustus McCrea in Lonesome Dove"

"Long may your big jib draw" 

An old greeting between sailors, of best wishes and the hope for good wind . 

Oh, the rollin' of the sea is beckonin' to me

Powerful first line of a song that best describs me.

see, im so green i dont know if thats a suggestion or funnin! haha, I gather its funnin! 

bahahaha:dancetl6:

If you are speaking about my post about closing up the hull and mounting your Bow Thrusters on the foremast and Bowsprit, I was being a Wise ***, thought better of it so it was deleted, hoped it hadn't been noticed. What you label as compartment #2 is where, from photos I have seen would be a typical location for the thrusters. Usually there is a watertight bulkhead near the bow called a collision bulkhead, were I building a ship, I would want the thrusters forward of that bulkhead but I don't know what the practice is, never rode a ship with bow thrusters, used spring lines, wind, current or tugs to swing the bow, rudder only swings the stern.

jud  :pirate41:

No problem on this end Jud. As I said, I kind of thought you were funnin.

The way you explained the thruster install is pretty much what I had in mind. thanks a bunch. I'll keep you guys posted.