IJN Isuzu 1945 by RGL - FINISHED - Aoshima - 1/350 - PLASTIC - Light Cruiser

Those covered comms or Electronic Warfare (EW) domes (assuming that is what they are on the rear corners) seem a little advanced for WWII era Greg? - was this destroyer fitted as she was at the end of the war?

Nice work on the super detailing.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Pat, they aren't covered domes, they are just platforms that will have binoculars behind them (I think that's what you mean), the radio DF finder is above it, and I've scratch built a vent that appears on the Morskie plans. The radar is in the back ground and the top bridge is done (if that's what it's called). 

Im now working on the very top range director that will go on the tripod mast, once that's done I'll fix up the mast itself and I think it'll be ready for a lick of paint. 

IMG_4376.JPG

IMG_4377.JPG

Greg

very nice progress Greg........looking real good with all that PE ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Foremast range controller and platform complete. Added a few details to make it look a little better. 

The platform itself has a PE deck and rails as part of the upgrade, with triangular gussets underneath it, and the railings sand additional gussets were shaped on brass rod to make the circle. 

IMG_4381.JPG

IMG_4382.JPG

Greg

Hi Greg, sorry mate i thought it was resolved when you pointed out I had mis-identified the items.  The items I was referencing to are those circled in a pic of yours I have edited.  At first glance they looked a bit like a an EW equipment that emerged just after the war and I thought perhaps the Japanese were the first to use/invent it. I am wrong there I think.  As you pointed out, these are the base for binoculars or some other equipment? :)  Sorry to have confused the situation.

Great diagram BTW  - those were interesting Reference Manuals; :); the Admiralty Manuals of Seamanship (and the USN equivalent) are particularly useful for steel navy ships if you can get your hands on them - they were updated (new editions) every few years.

IMG_4371.thumb.JPG.6d2090e016e149bf1d6d8969e4125079.jpg.d6b4f978ccd5a3108755eb840531dd70.jpg

cheers

Pat

Yes mate, they are the pedestals for the fire controllers that I will plonk on top when I paint them. I have added hatches behind them otherwise one could not climb into them! 

I think EW was pretty rudimentary at this stage in 1945 as the IJN was struggling to keep its head above water! 

Greg

I'm sorry to bore people cluttering up your feed, but..it's a build log! Dryfit of the forward tripod mast to see how the balance is and I'm pretty happy, sanded off the ladder rungs which I will replace and the radio mast to go (which, I have lost or didn't get so I replaced it with a spare brass mast. 

Starting to come togeather. 

IMG_4383.JPG

Greg

About 60% of the deck fittings ready for the primer coat. It's amazing how all the detail gets away from you. Not included  (nor started), lots and lots of guns and vents, 3 stacks, davits, stanchions and awning stanchions, depth charge stuff. 

Airbrush comes out tomorrow......

IMG_4386.JPG

Greg

"I think EW was pretty rudimentary at this stage in 1945 as the IJN was struggling to keep its head above water! "

Thought that were their ships not turning into subs

Wonderful work on the masts, super structure, and all the other giant details

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Hey howya goin Greg mate, shes looking good mate.    :bird-vi:

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

HMS Victory, scale 1:64 or 1:48, POF Scratch Build (John McKay's plans)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Galley Washington 1776, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (NRG's Plans)

Ragusian Carrack, scale 1:59, POB kit (MarisStella)

King of the Mississippi, scale 1:80, POB Kit (Artesania Latina)

HMS Snake 1797, 18 Gun Sloop of War, scale 1:64, POB Kit (Jotika/CalderCraft)

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.

look'in really sweet so far!   when all those parts come together......are those sandbags falling off?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Looking great mate - your attention to detail is  amazing  you have this knack of making the hardest thing look easy, and the end result is perfection.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Mr Wako, they are from Alliance Modelworks but quite expensive so I am really going to have to figure out a way to make my own. 

I have added a neutral grey filter filter which appears to have worked as advertised. 

I then painted and washed the sisal bags bags and dry brushed them, and painted the dodgers white and gave them a brown wash and dry brushed white over it. 

Now ow I can start to thrown the bits and pieces on, and weather it when it's all togeather. 

IMG_4392.JPG

IMG_4393.JPG

Greg

Didn't we all Joe ;)

See you still use Vallejo products :huh: ... Your three shades of grey look a bit yellowish on screen, Greg ... like you spraid sand all over. With regards to the sand bags, I thought your wife stiched the bags, and you had your children fill'em up, whilst you were supervising ...

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

That is some very impressive detailing Greg.  A closed in bridge on a 'tin can' - they had some luxury there :)

cheers

Pat