Tools You Can't Live Without

Tools I can't live without 

1 digital calipers,

2 long arm adjustable magnifying lamp,

3 stand for holding plans

the calipers I use are not expensive ones as used for fine machining so I don't have to worry about dropping them and losing there fine calibration so I just use a simple Harbor Fright brand

the magnifying lamp I use has a long adjustable spring loaded arm (4 feet long) with a bright neon circular light that has a 6 x magnifying glass in the center (5") simply clamps to work bench.

the stand I use for holding the planes and notes is a aluminum I . V stand (as the ones used in hospitals) with the 3 rolling wheels, modified with simple wood dowels that adjust to size with simple small spring loaded clamps.

Jay

That sounds just like a lagavulin 16 to me.  Cheers.

Larry

Current Build:          New Bedford Whaleboat by Model Shipways scale 1:16

Completed Builds:  Cape Cod Nimblet Knockabouts - Loon, Hawk, Gull and Falcon

Howard W. Middleton scale 1:96 - 1883 coastal coal schooner

Susan P.  scale 1:24 - Maine Lobster Boat by Freedom Song Boatworks

Yacht America scale 1:96 by Marine Models

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 12 1/2 scale 1:12

Thermopylae scale 1:124 - English Tea Clipper by Mantua Models

Roar Ege - Roskilde, Denmark Coastal Trader Viking Ship

On 6/2/2017 at 7:08 PM, jay said:

Brain, eyes and hands all working together!

Ken

Current build: Maersk Detroit"
Future builds:  Mamoli HMS Victory 1:90
Completed builds: US Brig Niagara, Dirty Dozen, USS Constitution, 18th Century Armed Longboat
https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/11935-uss-constitution-by-xken-model-shipways-scale-1768/

Well I guess I am the only Bourbon or Sour Mash drinker. Scotch gives me an aweful headache. Even the $40 a shot super brand.

I will pass on one tired piece of advice. Alcohol and tools, especially power don't make for a safe environment. My lovely wife knows never to talk to me while have a motor running. I just can't multitask any more at my age. After work, well that's another story.

Be safe

Regards

• 2 years later...