Hello from Virginia!

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum and actually, this is my forum I have ever joined! (Welcome to the 21st century right?) Haha!

I've built a few ships on my own, but never had any help nor knew anyone who had experience with ship building so I have been winging it!

After looking through this site, I found a TON of helpful advice and building guides that I'm excited to try out on my next build!  After reading some of the guides to planking a hull, I looked back on my models and noticed that I did not give enough attention to it and I could have done a LOT better.

I haven't been able to finish my current ship, the Albatros from Constructo, since my son was born.  Now that he's a little past 2 years old, I finally have some time to finish the sails and rigging.  Once this is finished, I will be starting the HMS Victory by Constructo and I WILL be using the guides and tips from this site to help with the build. Lastly, I would like to post a build log because I know I will need help and I will have questions!

I look forward to my next build and using the excellent advice from this site!

Thanks!

Welcome 

Good luck with your builds, you will find all the help you need from the team here at MSW.  

If you please,  let us know a name by which we can address you, if not Zarkon,  the ruthless and overbearing ruler of the Galra Empire :stunned:

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Welcome and enjoy the plenty new info :)

:bird-vi:

Regards

Jeremy

Currently in the shipyard:      Meta nr 484 - Billing
                                                La Toulannaise (Billing) - on hold

Waiting patiently in the shed: HMS Victory - Da Agostini (collection complete and anxiously waiting :D )

IL Leudo - Amati

Lilla Dan nr 578 - Billing

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome aboard.

Where in Virginia are you?

NRG member 45 years

Current:  

HMS Centurion 1732 - 60-gun 4th rate - Navall Timber framing

HMS Beagle 1831 refiit  10-gun brig with a small mizzen - Navall (ish) Timber framing

The U.S. Ex. Ex. 1838-1842
Flying Fish 1838  pilot schooner -  framed - ready for stern timbers
Porpose II  1836  brigantine/brig - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers
Vincennes  1825  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers assembled, need shaping
Peacock  1828  Sloop-of -War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Sea Gull  1838  pilot schooner -  timbers ready for assembly
Relief  1835  ship - timbers ready for assembly

Other

Portsmouth  1843  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Le Commerce de Marseilles  1788   118 cannons - framed

La Renommee 1744 Frigate - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers

I was stationed at St. E's and lived at exit 2 - Telegraph Hill for 2 years.  Traffic was fun in '70-'72

so it must be even for fun now.  Interesting when they opened the Wilson bridge at rush hour or

waiting for it next to Blue Plains in August with no AC.  Bart was just a hole near the Mall, so no

mass transit then.  What with all the water features, traffic in Hampton Roads is pretty interesting itself.

NRG member 45 years

Current:  

HMS Centurion 1732 - 60-gun 4th rate - Navall Timber framing

HMS Beagle 1831 refiit  10-gun brig with a small mizzen - Navall (ish) Timber framing

The U.S. Ex. Ex. 1838-1842
Flying Fish 1838  pilot schooner -  framed - ready for stern timbers
Porpose II  1836  brigantine/brig - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers
Vincennes  1825  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers assembled, need shaping
Peacock  1828  Sloop-of -War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Sea Gull  1838  pilot schooner -  timbers ready for assembly
Relief  1835  ship - timbers ready for assembly

Other

Portsmouth  1843  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Le Commerce de Marseilles  1788   118 cannons - framed

La Renommee 1744 Frigate - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers

Welcome to MSW Jeff! Great to have you with us. Best of luck to you on both your current build and your future Victory!

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Hey howya goin Zarkon mate, welcome.    :bird-vi:

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

HMS Victory, scale 1:64 or 1:48, POF Scratch Build (John McKay's plans)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Galley Washington 1776, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (NRG's Plans)

Ragusian Carrack, scale 1:59, POB kit (MarisStella)

King of the Mississippi, scale 1:80, POB Kit (Artesania Latina)

HMS Snake 1797, 18 Gun Sloop of War, scale 1:64, POB Kit (Jotika/CalderCraft)

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.