Haloo from Java, Indonesia

jonk

Hello Jonk and welcome aboard.

By all means, feel free to start a buildlog. What model ship are you building?

As you already found out, this a great place to learn and share tips and techniques.

If needed, you'll find plenty of advise, help and encouragement from everyone.

I wish you smooth sailing with our gallant crew.

Regards,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Hey howya goin Jonk mate, welcome.    :bird-vi:

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

HMS Victory, scale 1:64 or 1:48, POF Scratch Build (John McKay's plans)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Galley Washington 1776, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (NRG's Plans)

Ragusian Carrack, scale 1:59, POB kit (MarisStella)

King of the Mississippi, scale 1:80, POB Kit (Artesania Latina)

HMS Snake 1797, 18 Gun Sloop of War, scale 1:64, POB Kit (Jotika/CalderCraft)

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.

Welcome to MSW! There is lots to learn here for any experience level and plenty of people who will happily guide you as you start out. Good luck to you and I look forward to seeing your work!

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

Selamat datang, Jonk. I've always admired traditional Indonesian ships and boats. They are very elegant.

Steven

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome aboard, Jonk! I lived in Bandung for a few years back in the eighties. It's nice to see a ship modeller from Jawa.

Steve

completed models:

Shenandoah (Corel)

waiting on the shelf:

La Sirene (Corel)

Half Moon (Corel)

Puritan (Mamoli)

Patsy (derisively): "It's only a model."

Arthur: "Sshhh."

Selamat siejang Jonk dan apaa kabar? Good to finally see someone from Java, welcome on board.

Being from Indonesia I personally would like to see you build a traditional Indonesian ship, like a Buginese Prau/phinisi.  That is one of the ships I intend to build myself, if I can find the drawings for it that is.

What part of Java are you from? I was born in Surabaya 1934, and lived in Darmo near ruma sakit Darmo.

Let us know what ship you have picked to build.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

+1 on one of those Buginese schooners with the long, raked prow. Beautiful craft.

Steve

completed models:

Shenandoah (Corel)

waiting on the shelf:

La Sirene (Corel)

Half Moon (Corel)

Puritan (Mamoli)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2017 at 8:38 AM, Piet said:

Selamat siejang Jonk dan apaa kabar? Good to finally see someone from Java, welcome on board.

Being from Indonesia I personally would like to see you build a traditional Indonesian ship, like a Buginese Prau/phinisi.  That is one of the ships I intend to build myself, if I can find the drawings for it that is.

What part of Java are you from? I was born in Surabaya 1934, and lived in Darmo near ruma sakit Darmo.

Let us know what ship you have picked to build.

Cheers,

Selamat siang, kabar baik. Glad to meet you Piet...

Wow Surabaya is one of biggest city now. lot of cars :)

10 years ago i try to scrathbuild the Duyfken but i'm not happy with the result.

Maybe i will start with traditional Madura fishing boat or Java Jong (a relief in borobudur temple) Piet. 

Panel-Kapal-Candi-Borobudur.jpg

Selamat sore, Jonk. Both would make impressive models. Be sure to post a build log when you start building. I look forward to following your build.

Steve

completed models:

Shenandoah (Corel)

waiting on the shelf:

La Sirene (Corel)

Half Moon (Corel)

Puritan (Mamoli)

4 hours ago, SGraham said:

Selamat sore, Jonk. Both would make impressive models. Be sure to post a build log when you start building. I look forward to following your build.

Steve

Selamat sore Graham..i will make a lot of research first :). Thank you

• 1 month later...