Hello from New Zealand

Hi, this is Shane.  I am recently retired and have lots of free time on my hands. Have taken a stab at model ship building (HM Cutter Mermaid 1817) and have enjoyed it so much that I have taken on Amati HMS Bounty. Your forum is absolutely fantastic and the wealth of information and friendliness is staggering. I have spent hours researching the forum not just on Bounty but also general topics. Thank you all for the great contributions!

Hey howya goin Shane mate, welcome.    :bird-vi:

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

HMS Victory, scale 1:64 or 1:48, POF Scratch Build (John McKay's plans)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Galley Washington 1776, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (NRG's Plans)

Ragusian Carrack, scale 1:59, POB kit (MarisStella)

King of the Mississippi, scale 1:80, POB Kit (Artesania Latina)

HMS Snake 1797, 18 Gun Sloop of War, scale 1:64, POB Kit (Jotika/CalderCraft)

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.

Welcome Shane. I may sound like a broken record but try searching You Tube for video on your specific model and also for any which may strike your fancy. I found a lot of help because if I see it I can usually do it. I, too am retired(disabled part army related) so I have time. Since I live in Minnesota it is a LONG drive to the sea but we do have Great Lakes to watch. My male family members served, and some died, in the Pacific in 1942-45. Looking forward to pictures you can post.

Welcome aboard Shane,

When you're ready, feel free to start a buildlog.

If needed, you'll find plenty of advise, help and encouragement from everyone.

I wish you smooth sailing with our gallant crew.

Regards,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Welcome to MSW Shane! Great to have you with us. I wish you the best of luck on your Bounty build and look forward to seeing your work!

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Welcome Shane!  I had the good fortune to kayak Milford Sound a while back - wonderful country you have!

Larry

Current Build:          New Bedford Whaleboat by Model Shipways scale 1:16

Completed Builds:  Cape Cod Nimblet Knockabouts - Loon, Hawk, Gull and Falcon

Howard W. Middleton scale 1:96 - 1883 coastal coal schooner

Susan P.  scale 1:24 - Maine Lobster Boat by Freedom Song Boatworks

Yacht America scale 1:96 by Marine Models

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 12 1/2 scale 1:12

Thermopylae scale 1:124 - English Tea Clipper by Mantua Models

Roar Ege - Roskilde, Denmark Coastal Trader Viking Ship

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)