Hello from France

Hello from Provence,

I retired a few years ago, I was an osteopath, and my wife who has now also retired was an English teacher.

I finished Caldercraft’s HMS DIANA a couple of months ago and I have just started working on HMS AGAMEMNON, also  a Caldercraft model.

I have made other models, COREL ones, but while I was working in the clinic, I had very little spare time to devote to my models.

We live in Provence, not far from Avignon, in a town house with a rather small but very pleasant garden.

The elder of our two sons who is a mathematician and statistician will be forty next autumn and our younger son is a musician. Neither of them is a model maker …

The Caldercraft models have fine dimensions and they are quite complete and well designed ; yet they are not always perfectly accurate historically. But as kits, I know of no better ones.

I am very happy  to be able to join this forum, I thank you for accepting me.

I wish you all a very pleasant weekend.

Best regards,

Alain

4.jpg

Have very pleasant weekend as well Alain.

Welcome to the forum, you will get on with us all here.

Great kit HMS AGAMEMNON, will you start a build log for us to follow?

Paul

In work

Amati-rms-titanic-1912-1250

Unfinished kit

Revell Container-ship-colombo-express

Finished

AL -  King of the Mississippi

AL-Sanson

Hey howya goin Alain mate, welcome.    :bird-vi:

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

HMS Victory, scale 1:64 or 1:48, POF Scratch Build (John McKay's plans)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Galley Washington 1776, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (NRG's Plans)

Ragusian Carrack, scale 1:59, POB kit (MarisStella)

King of the Mississippi, scale 1:80, POB Kit (Artesania Latina)

HMS Snake 1797, 18 Gun Sloop of War, scale 1:64, POB Kit (Jotika/CalderCraft)

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.

Very beautiful!  It must be hard to focus on modelling when you are in such a place!  Welcome to MSW.

Doug

Current BuildsBluenose II - AKrabbenkutter / Prince de Neufchatel / Essex Cross-section / Syren / Barque Stefano / Winchelsea / Half Hull / Maria HF31 - Dusek / Bandirma - Turkmodel

On the Shelf: Santisima Trinidad and Cross Section / HMS Cutter Alert / Tender AVOS / Confederacy

Suspended Build: Bluenose II - Billing Boats Nr 600 

Hello Alain,

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

welcome here

very pleasant place where u live ,where i am the water has more salt..

qu'elle est belle notre france!

Of the bank I look at an ocean of pleasure, or the tumult attracts you, this global movement will be your tipcart!

current build:   royal caroline

buid finished:  la recouvrancehttp://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3025-la-recouvrance-by-ofencer29350/page-2?hl=recouvrance

Welcome Alain. I have learned so much from this site and I love that it is made up from people all over the world AND we all get along. Maybe if the entire world got into modeling it would be a more peaceful place. Beautiful town you live in and great photos.

Regards,

Jim Rogers

Damn the Torpedoes , Full speed ahead.   Adm David Farragut.

Welcome Alain

Having recently vacationed in the south of France, my wife and I have decided if we ever wish to live somewhere other than our current home in Florida, we are heading to Nice or Provence.  You are fortunate to live in such a lovely part of the world!

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Welcome Alain.   :sign:

Ah la france. How much we like to come and spend our holidays in your country every year. I'm leaving for France this weekend for two weeks. Yihaa! :)

Chris

Current builds :    

On hold :

IJN Yamato by DeAgostini - 1/250

Completed builds :

Bermuda boat Corsair (scratch)

President by Sergal - 1/60

:722972270:

Mark
Phoenix, AZ

Current builds;

Previous builds, in rough order of execution;
Shipjack, Peterbrough Canoe, Flying Fish, Half Moon, Britannia racing sloop, Whale boat, Bluenose, Picket boat, Viking longboat, Atlantic, Fair American, Mary Taylor, half hull Enterprise, Hacchoro, HMS Fly, Khufu Solar Boat.

On the shelf; Royal Barge, Jefferson Davis.