HMS Victory by gjdale - FINISHED - Mamoli - Scale 1:90

Well done Grant. I can only describe your Victory as drop dead gorgeous - fabulous.  :dancetl6:

Hope you have fun with the Rocket. From the picture on the box you could have many hours of fun adding extra detail that is not included - my mind is wandering off into all sorts of glorious areas. :)  :)  :)  

Ian M.

Current build: HMS Unicorn  (1748) - Corel Kit

Advice from my Grandfather to me. The only people who don't make mistakes are those who stand back and watch. The trick is not to repeat the error. 

Great job Grant, she's a LOT better than my Victory which I built straight out of the box. The boats are something else again ... superb. You have made a great start to your scratchbuilding career :) .

I don't know if you saw this on another of my posts, but here's a "Rocket" scratchbuilt by Kevin Hudson from Port Macquarie - just to give you a taste of what's to come ;) :

Port Macquarie Show 2014 002.jpg

Port Macquarie Show 2014 003.jpg

I wish you well on your future projects.

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

Congratulations Grant on a stunning display of craftmanship. A model to be proud of, that's for sure.

Time to splice that mainbrace!

Peter

Build Log: Billing - Cutty Sark

In The Gallery: HMS Unicorn, HMAV Bounty, L'Etoile, Marie Jeanne, Lilla Dan, Zeeschouw "Irene"

A Toast: To a wind that blows, A ship that goes, And the lass that loved a sailor!

Congratulations, im well on my way to taking 19 years to complete mine and still will not 1/2 as good as your build

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

That is simply superb, Grant.

You should take a bow !!!

B) B) B)

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Thank you one and all for your very kind words of congratulations, and for all of the "likes". It does feel good to have completed this one at last.

Sjors - I'll change the signature block shortly - as soon as I start a new log.

Danny - thanks for those photos. That's a real beauty.

Brian - Warrior is still in the queue, but I wanted a couple of smaller projects to catch my breath before taking on another huge undertaking. I have the plans and timber all ready to go for that one, but it will have to wait a little while yet.

Hi Grant

Let me add my congratulations to the rest. That is one beautiful ship. I personally think that the rigging is what makes a model ship come alive and you're rigging is stunning! Hope you add all the other photos you took in the completed ship gallery (hint hint...:) )

Nick

Congratulations Grant on a truly masterful piece of work. It has been a pleasure to follow along with you on this for the past few years. You mention that you have been pushed to better work by others on this site -- you are one of those that push me to do better. You've set a high standard for all of us.

Bob

Thanks again folks, I really appreciate all the kind words.

The "group" build of the Bomb Vessel cross-section is going to be fun. Jack Panzeca has decided to join in with Mobbsie and me, so we are now a truly multi-national group. If you're not familiar with Jack's work, you should check out his Viking ship Oseberg build log - some really first class work as well as superb photography! If anyone else is considering a move to the dark side, please feel free to join us in this little adventure. :)

<cough> Sjors.... the darkside beckons <cough>

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

Brought back when I was trying my hand @ my 1st Victory, mine never made it to the finish, but yours sure did and what a finish my friend.

I will say it looks to me the finest HMS Victory I have seen built period..........job well done Admiral.  My hat off to you sir.

Rick :cheers:

Wherever I am at...........there I am

KARTONIST in the making.......... B)

Thank you so much Lawrence, Sherry and Rick.

Lawrence - not sure that 19 years counts as "speedy completion", but thank you for kind words anyway. :)

Nice to see you back and posting again Sherry - thought you'd gone AWOL for a while there. ;) I'll look forward to some updates on your lovely San Felipe.

And Rick - welcome home my friend. It's been far too long. I look forward to seeing the resumption of play in your shipyard. :)

Grant -

I think I started following along at about the time you were considering redoing the stern galleries and Danny stepped in with his generous offer.  I watched in slack-jawed amazement as the two you you collaborated on that monumental task and produced the wonderful result of that came out of it.  Since then I have been continuing to observe and appreciate the attention to detail - and there sure is a lot of detail - you have given to every subsequent phase of the build.

Congratulations on coming to the end of one journey, and giving us an insight into what can be achieved by persistence, an unwillingness to accept "good enough" and a boatload of talent, to be sure.  I am looking forward to the cross-section and whatever comes after that!

Bob

Current build -- MS Bluenose

Future build - MS Flying Fish

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for." - William G. T. Shedd

Thank you so much Bob - that is very kind of you. I'm looking forward to starting the cross section in a couple of weeks time. In the meantime, I've been having a "boatload" of fun with my Stephenson's Rocket, just for something completely different. :)

Thank you so much B.E. for your kind words and also for your advice and assistance along the way.

Grant,

Congratulations on a beautiful ship!!!  Truly inspiring!  I remember when you decided to completely redo the stern.  I was captivated at your determination for detail. Thanks for allowing us to share the journey and thank you for sharing your knowledge!

Take care,

Marc

Victory! What a joy to see!

You managed something that many-many other builders did not achieve: a finished HMS Victory :-)

Wonderfully done, thank you for showing all the details and letting us all take part, I really enjoyed your trip. And the result is outstanding.

Many thanks for sharing, all the best, Daniel

PS:

By the way - only 19 years !?! I will beat that! Be asured ;-)

Hey Mate, dang, I turn my back for a couple of months and you manage to finish your decades long project....Congrats are in order.....I'll bend an elbow full of Foster's at ya......beautiful but who would expect less....

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

Grant,  You've received every accolade one can think of.  I finally went through the last six months or your log and was amazed that you've finished your Victory.  We've compared notes, kibitzed, and challenged one another, and I enjoyed every moment.  Congratulations on your beautiful build. Thanks for the heads up on the ships boats. You've probably saved me a few false starts.  I'll miss the on going posts.  Warm regards,  Gil

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/485-hmsHMS Victory by Gil Middleton - JoTika - 1:72

Thank you very much Lawrence, Daniel, Ben, John and Gil.

Gil - a special thanks is due to you. Your log in itself has been an inspiration for many other Victory builders here and there were many times I found myself thinking, "now how did Gil handle that?". Thank you also for the many exchanges of personal correspondence as we compared notes on various issues. I look forward to seeing the final stages of completion of your own masterpiece.