The Journal is now Digital Read more... ×
gjdale

HMS Victory by gjdale - FINISHED - Mamoli - Scale 1:90

Congrats Grant !!!!!!!

She is a beauty and something to be proud off !!!!!

Thanks for the journey that you have give us all the way to the build the last 3 years !

Finally Mobbsie can shout it out that he is doing a group build with you  :D  :D  :D

I'm sure I will follow you both with that cross section journey.

For you both now only one thing....change your signature !!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, great job on your Victory !!!!

Sjors

You sir, deserve to be proud at this moment.  Almost 20 years of trials, effort and learning that have culminated in something of true beauty.  I humbly salute your craftsmanship.

Thank you for sharing her with us over the last 3 years and I will look forward to your collaboration with Mobbsie on Granado. 

Now where's that link to Rocket  :)

19 years that were well worth it, and then some Grant!  She is absolutely beautiful.  Congratulations!

Robert

smileys-cheers-291843.gif

Congratulations, Grant - she is spectacular!!!

3d-applause.gif       3d-up.gif           pirate.gif

Hi Grant,

Congratulations!!!  Truly spectacular.  The thought of 100 gun ports and miles of rope boggles the mind.  A wonderful accomplishment.      :champagne-2:  :champagne-2:  :champagne-2:

post-76-0-91908900-1412535348.gif   Congratulations, Grant.  What an accomplishment and for that I salute you. post-76-0-52717000-1412535348.gif

Well done and I'm looking forward to your venture into the darkside.

post-76-0-05884300-1412535348.gifpost-76-0-05884300-1412535348.gifpost-76-0-05884300-1412535348.gifpost-76-0-05884300-1412535348.gifpost-76-0-05884300-1412535348.gifpost-76-0-05884300-1412535348.gifpost-76-0-05884300-1412535348.gif

Well done Grant. I can only describe your Victory as drop dead gorgeous - fabulous.  :dancetl6:

Hope you have fun with the Rocket. From the picture on the box you could have many hours of fun adding extra detail that is not included - my mind is wandering off into all sorts of glorious areas. :)  :)  :)  

Great job Grant, she's a LOT better than my Victory which I built straight out of the box. The boats are something else again ... superb. You have made a great start to your scratchbuilding career :) .

I don't know if you saw this on another of my posts, but here's a "Rocket" scratchbuilt by Kevin Hudson from Port Macquarie - just to give you a taste of what's to come ;) :

Port Macquarie Show 2014 002.jpg

Port Macquarie Show 2014 003.jpg

I wish you well on your future projects.

:cheers:  Danny

Congratulations, im well on my way to taking 19 years to complete mine and still will not 1/2 as good as your build

Thank you one and all for your very kind words of congratulations, and for all of the "likes". It does feel good to have completed this one at last.

Sjors - I'll change the signature block shortly - as soon as I start a new log.

Danny - thanks for those photos. That's a real beauty.

Brian - Warrior is still in the queue, but I wanted a couple of smaller projects to catch my breath before taking on another huge undertaking. I have the plans and timber all ready to go for that one, but it will have to wait a little while yet.

Hi Grant

Let me add my congratulations to the rest. That is one beautiful ship. I personally think that the rigging is what makes a model ship come alive and you're rigging is stunning! Hope you add all the other photos you took in the completed ship gallery (hint hint...:) )

Nick

Congratulations Grant on a truly masterful piece of work. It has been a pleasure to follow along with you on this for the past few years. You mention that you have been pushed to better work by others on this site -- you are one of those that push me to do better. You've set a high standard for all of us.

Bob

Congratulations Grant, she turned out beautifully. It was great fun to follow your build, thank you for taking the time to share it with us. 

Remco

Thanks again folks, I really appreciate all the kind words.

The "group" build of the Bomb Vessel cross-section is going to be fun. Jack Panzeca has decided to join in with Mobbsie and me, so we are now a truly multi-national group. If you're not familiar with Jack's work, you should check out his Viking ship Oseberg build log - some really first class work as well as superb photography! If anyone else is considering a move to the dark side, please feel free to join us in this little adventure. :)

Hi Grant

Congratulations on the speedy completion of your HMS Victory, it is almost sad that she is finished as this has been a joy of a log to follow. I have been so caught up in my own Victory and then with a two week vacation I am a long way behind in the MSW Form. I will be looking forward to your next build, I can bet it will also be full of surprises. Well done, you can be very proud of your great ship; the HMS Victory.                                                          ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Brought back when I was trying my hand @ my 1st Victory, mine never made it to the finish, but yours sure did and what a finish my friend.

I will say it looks to me the finest HMS Victory I have seen built period..........job well done Admiral.  My hat off to you sir.

Rick :cheers:

Thank you so much Lawrence, Sherry and Rick.

Lawrence - not sure that 19 years counts as "speedy completion", but thank you for kind words anyway. :)

Nice to see you back and posting again Sherry - thought you'd gone AWOL for a while there. ;) I'll look forward to some updates on your lovely San Felipe.

And Rick - welcome home my friend. It's been far too long. I look forward to seeing the resumption of play in your shipyard. :)

Grant -

I think I started following along at about the time you were considering redoing the stern galleries and Danny stepped in with his generous offer.  I watched in slack-jawed amazement as the two you you collaborated on that monumental task and produced the wonderful result of that came out of it.  Since then I have been continuing to observe and appreciate the attention to detail - and there sure is a lot of detail - you have given to every subsequent phase of the build.

Congratulations on coming to the end of one journey, and giving us an insight into what can be achieved by persistence, an unwillingness to accept "good enough" and a boatload of talent, to be sure.  I am looking forward to the cross-section and whatever comes after that!

Bob

Thank you so much Bob - that is very kind of you. I'm looking forward to starting the cross section in a couple of weeks time. In the meantime, I've been having a "boatload" of fun with my Stephenson's Rocket, just for something completely different. :)