Gunboat Philadelphia by Brucealanevans - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1/24

Bruce,

I'm just tuning in to your build. Better late than never, eh?

All I can say is SUPERB!

Chuck Seiler
San Diego Ship Modelers Guild
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)

Chuck: just in time for me to bow out of this topic ....

I think I'm done. Going to spend a couple of days just looking to make certain I'm happy with everything (everything that's modifiable at this point anyway) before she goes in the case and into the living room, and I officially mark this topic Finished. My wife has been gone for 3 weeks helping a daughter with a newborn halfway across the country so I've been working on this more than planned and finished "early".

I appreciate the followers and likes and hope this "something different" build was enjoyable to watch.

I'll take a break from the shipyard for a bit and work on some other things before beginning the Renaissance War Galley I just received from Daniel Dusek.

Here's a final set of pictures.

Done-1.jpg

Done-2.jpg

Done-3.jpg

Done-4.jpg

Done-5.jpg

Done-6.jpg

Done-7.jpg

Done-8.jpg

Edited by Brucealanevans

Thanks for sharing you amazing work with us. It is truly an inspiration for those of us just getting our feet wet and I get the sense from your build log that you had fun building it.

Best Regards

Edited by Osmosis

Congrats on the build, she came out terrific.  I really like all the attention to fine detail you manage. 

Joe Volz

Current build:

Model Shipways "Benjamin W. Latham"

Completed  builds on MSW:

Caldercraft HMS "Cruizer   Caldercraft HMBV "Granado"   Model Shipways "Prince De Neufchatel"

Looks amazing Bruce! One problem.... Do you know that the knees attached to the mast partner don't correlate to the plans? If you look in the plans, the long side attaches to the mast partner and the short side attaches to the hull. The added details look great though!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Thanks all. I'm painting a figure meant to represent General Arnold inspecting the ship. If it's acceptable I'll add it; if not I won't. Figure painting is not my forte. The uniform isn't quite right but I can live with that. 

Elijah: the knee doesn't matter to me, water under the bridge. I had already decided I'm not enough of a stickler to rip it out.  

This was a fun build. I like this scale. I had previously done Picket Boat 1 also designed by same designer.  

The general is aboard for a final inspection, and declares this build log finished to his satisfaction. (I think he just came from a ball or some other occasion)

Thank you for your likes and comments.

The shipyard is cleaned up and awaiting next year's project.

Happy Holidays to all.

Final Inspection-1.jpg

Edited by Brucealanevans