HMS Fife by Kevin - Fleetscale - 1/72 - County-class destroyer - SOLD

boy.....really shows how much further you have to go,  now don't it  ;)     super photo!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

41 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

boy.....really shows how much further you have to go,  now don't it  ;)     super photo!

i have a weeks holiday starting this coming weekend, i think it will be time to sort out how I am going to join the superstructure to the hull, then i can think about the supports to the director platform and positioning of the davits, which funnily enough were fitted to the real ship before even fitting out commenced 

NOT MY PHOTO

19780640_1439215966131482_8012955125187221913_o.jpg

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Yes, very curious indeed. Safety first I guess :P

A lot of "busy work" on that ship, which means a lot of time to be spend on all that "busy work."

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

I like the way you're sorting this out, Kevin.  It's coming together.  BTW, I'd leave hanger door open just to show off the interior.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

3 hours ago, mtaylor said:

I like the way you're sorting this out, Kevin.  It's coming together.  BTW, I'd leave hanger door open just to show off the interior.

Mark the doors will be fixed open, i would never have the skills to make and operate sliding doors

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

your gonna have the helicopter in there anyways....it wouldn't do to have it closed  ;)    

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

5 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

your gonna have the helicopter in there anyways....it wouldn't do to have it closed  ;)    

from my early test to see if things fittedIMG_1466.thumb.JPG.d9222ba13c421109000332c6404c88fb.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Good evening everyone, its Sunday so must be time for an update

still working on the after superstructure, so carried on making AC units, and adding doors, most of the vents around the hanger doors are now in place
[5yFd33S]
on top of the hanger is a capstan/winch, i have very limited plans for this and not yet found a photo, for any pipework
[vvmxJB4]
some plasticard and a few bits found in my spares box, and i came up with this
[5WG3Vu7]
[C8aAa2g]
[h6hUj6j]
next is the Sealslug RAS RIG which was only fitted to Fife, that fits onto the tower , early in the making of this project,
[oGMP5ks]
[18uM2QQ]

[F8kpdp9]

[7V0p1rW]
[pEyNQ1I]

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Nice work Kevin, again very believable.

Cheers,

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

VOC Ship Surabaya

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

You are so talented with your scratchbuilding, so intricate and amazing tiny pieces of art in thier own right.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

good evening everyone

The tower at the after end Stbd side of the hanger was a Seaslug missile RAS (Replenishment at sea) Rig, and Fife was the only one to have it fitted, but was removed after i left her in 1980

[TWscsco]
although not brilliant as the plans seam to be quite different to the photo i have made something that for now will do, 
[JxSySQz]
[6ipm56V]
it has already been modified several time tonight
the brass bits have come my odds and sods box this is a porthole glued to a capstan

i was working to this

[Lr941qp]
[18uM2QQ]
[FaQXx3P]
[rnqu6pG]
[Qol7GoD]
[wbX28Ca]

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Nicely done Kevin.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

Some nice metal work Kevin, it looks real.

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

the more you add,  the better she looks.........nice work on the winch  ;)    I recall one time,  during a visit at Hobby Lobby,  I happened to look at a bag assortment of odds and ends brass part and pieces.  I put it back down because it cost $17.........I should have bought it  {not one of my brightest decisions}.   your scratch building skills are coming in handy with this project  :)    looks very nice!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Good evening
was not happy with the rig so re did it again to make it look more like the plans, Blue Peter never had this problem with Tracey Island
 [V49UKAW]
[gq1Karz]
[UL0kmkv]
[Lr941qp]

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

the rig will have to stay like that for now, until i can get some decent photos of it, so it might drastically change in the future

Towed Array Winch
fitted on the 1/4 deck offset to the stbd side i think
[MT2HihY]
[tRMMBxc]
i made a smaal control box out of 0.5 plasticard
a few brass pipe inserts and a couple of amerigo vespucci Porthole
[6OjeGxY]
[J9F36yC]
[FByt6I8]

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

still very much WIP but trying to get the towed array module to look feasible
again just brass rod some plasticard and some old spares, and lol some imagination
[uXz9yUN]
[G2nJ0kc]
[DAwUppP]
[ZHK3r94]
[sUKRGHF]

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Nice work Kevin.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

that looks pretty neat!  :)   nice bit of scratch building there!  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Very very nice work kevin  the detail is amazing.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Nice work Kevin.

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Well apart from purchasing a few wheel/handles, i am calling this one, sorry it is not brilliant, but i tried my best, oh and but the way im pleased with it
[YlgWb68]
[cef8cw0]
[hc6syZT]
[tt5YNE1]

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

it looks super!   painted up it will look even better  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

You should be pleased.  It looks as if all those parts belong together and didn't come out of the scrap box.  Super nice work, Kevin.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

thank you for the comments

leaving the scratch side of things for a while, i want to try and sort the main deck out, and find my self in the chicken or the egg dilemma i dont want to spent anything on the hull at this time like running gear, but want to get the superstructure attached but once that is done i cannot access the hull so well to put in shafts rudders motor and battery packs 

so this evening i have started to join the big 3 main deck panels together with epoxy, with the intention of having the build with one very large deck removable, then place a sheet of plasticard over the top so when the deck is placed onto the hull the lip will cover the the edge of the hull

no doubt by tomorrow morning i will have changed my mind

taken a few months agp

[bvEip78]

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

possibly my last update until next weekend,

today i sat the main deck into the hull properly, and put a sheet of pasticard over the top, this also cover the hull edge, and now allows me to remove the whole deck off in one go
so a few photo's of how she looks at present
the Exocet, dont look right. they are not staggered on the plans, 
[9nvB2OV]
[Z67mSH5]
[3JZ13aF]
[SLJg83A]
[Z3eGpAq]
[pUHosyp]

[NYJa9UK]
[gNTuSNF]

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Stunnng work kevin  she is coming along so fine and turning into a real gem.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Wow, impressive work Kevin.

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

look'in great Kevin......quite a bit of detail on there already.   

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: