Dear friends.

In my university where I work several students and professors have started last year to use the Sketchup for modeling. Right now we are working on several projects to model using this program. One of them will be to model the Frigata Guayas (Ecuadorian Navy). We have already built this model (as a real model) in several scales, but now we are planning to create a 3D model with Sketchup. Please send us your comments if is any with some Sketchup experiences.

Best regards, from the middle of the world,

Fernando Proanio

El+modelo+del+barco+al+fondo+el+original

Hi Fernando,

i´m from Riobamba too but i´m living in Munich. My father has talked with you about my Hobby. Edgar Cando is a good friend of mine and he taught me the Ship Model Building  15 years ago. My first Model was the Swift than i built the HMS Bounty, Galeon San Francisco, el San Felipe and the HMS PANDORA. I´m momentanly trying to use the Sketchup Software because i will build my next project " the HMS ENDEAVOUR. Si desea podemos contactarnos en Facebook donde tengo una gran cantidad de fotos de los modelos!.

Saludos

Luis Maldonado

Hi Fernando,

i´m from Riobamba too but i´m living in Munich. My father has talked with you about my Hobby. Edgar Cando is a good friend of mine and he taught me the Ship Model Building  15 years ago. My first Model was the Swift than i built the HMS Bounty, Galeon San Francisco, el San Felipe and the HMS PANDORA. I´m momentanly trying to use the Sketchup Software because i will build my next project " the HMS ENDEAVOUR. Si desea podemos contactarnos en Facebook donde tengo una gran cantidad de fotos de los modelos!.

Saludos

Luis Maldonado

Greeting dear Luis. I knew about you from your father who is good friend of mine. Both are working in some modeling project. Nice to talk with you. Edgar Cando  was my good modeling student in the Riobamba Club. Saludos y estamos en contacto

Hi! How do you model the hull's surface? Is there "spline" available in ScethUp?

Hi Dida:

I was using by this time only curves created as components to work in groups. Later on they are separated. But I found some good article about your question in: http://www.ehow.com/print/how_12146663_work-splines-sketchup.html

Regards,  Fernando

Fernando, Welcome to MSW where no question escapes, there will be an answer sooner or later, as for your question of bezier curves, there is a plugin available from Trimble SketchUp.

Here is the link for such: http://www.sketchup.com/download/rubyscripts.html

Edited by Nirvana

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry