robdurant

RECENT POSTING PROBLEMS - and the solution - read this before starting another topic

56 posts in this topic

funny, although in the same config as an hour ago, I'm able to post again.

Nothing changed on my side of the screen....problem disappeared?

Jan

1 minute ago, amateur said:

funny, although in the same config as an hour ago, I'm able to post again.

Nothing changed on my side of the screen....problem disappeared?

Jan

And I can quote myself :)

Working from my laptop okay but the built-in browser on my Android tablet is still broken. Yesterday it was the only thing working until about 0900 EDT then it failed also.  Android OS has NOT been upgraded since 4/13/2017 and I did do a force re-boot twice this morning. So part of the problem is fixed.  My wife's Apple iPad with Safari was also failing yesterday, have not tried it this morning tho.

donrobinson, mtaylor and Canute like this

Based on another topic started because they didnt look at this one already started about the same issue........we do respond quickly to all inquiries, contrary to what was posted in the duplicate topic.....we cant respond to every duplicate topic however....without repeating ourselves continuously.....:D  Before you start a topic, please check that there are none already started on the same issue.   I will be merging or deleting other duplicate topics with this original one in case anyone is wondering or if you cant find a duplicate topic you started.

robdurant, Canute and mtaylor like this

I can now recap what happend.

July 11th at 01:30 Sucuri Proxy/Firewall quarantined an important ckeditor related file and replaced the original file with an 0 byte empty file. 
Sucuri is also caching partly stuff, as users browser do too, so we had a mixture of different cache states and an non working Editor (kinda missing a file).

I replaced the 100% sure falsely quarantined file with an backuped one (I early wondered about the 0 byte file), had to flush sucuri cache more then once ... as users have to do too. And while doing a manual local backup, I found out about the quarantine problem. So I know what happend and can explain it, what is good. 

cheers,

Dirk 

I've had to delete my browser cache several times.  I'm not sure how long this will continue to be necessary, but it does allow me to post right now.

Canute, mtaylor, donrobinson and 1 other like this

Everything is working fine now..  Delete the browser cache in each browser you use and the problem will be solved.  You may need to do it 2 or 3 times for each.

Hi,

I too had similar problems earlier on.

I am using Windows 10 and Internet Explorer, and here is what I did.

1- I clicked on the Tools icon (in right upper corner of your screen there is a small gear icon). Click on it.

2- Click on Safety

3- Select Delete Browsing History

4- Select Temporary Internet files and website files

-Cookies and website data

-History

-Deselect Preserve Favorites website data

5- Click on Delete

It appears to be working now.

Canute, Jack12477, mtaylor and 1 other like this

Well.. I can finally post again. I didn't really do anything except delete my browser history. Stange problem.

donrobinson, Canute and mtaylor like this

Ahoy Mates

Same thing happened to me the other day. I am a leadite and still use AOL,so I went to Explorer tonight and loged in there and was able to post a reply here. Since I am stupid when it comes to anything but the basic things on a computer, What Chuck and others said to do is way out of my skill level. Glade that this is just one of my weak spots.

Just happy to be able to still post now. Same thing happened a while back when I could not access about half of the listed sites on the right including Syren.

Keith

Canute and donrobinson like this

Dirk - your explanation is much appreciated and I thank you so much for the detail.

Pete

Hi. Great fix had not been able to post for a few days on my Galaxy Tab. 

Flushed setting and All OK.. 

Regards Antony.   Galaxy Tab method below.

1. From the home screen, tap Apps.
  2. Tap Internet.
  3. Tap MORE.
  4. Scroll to and tap Settings.
  5. Tap Privacy.
  6. Tap Delete personal data.
  7. Tap to tick the required options.
  8. Tap DELETE.           
mtaylor and Canute like this