Union by moflea - FINISHED - Constructo

I finally finished the rigging. All the rigging lines are strong and nicely stretched. The only thing I don't like about it are the knots, not that they are visible but crowded around the masts in a manner I don't like. I will place a note near the displayed model to read "Magnifiers are not allowed near this model."

IMG_0213-EFFECTS.thumb.jpg.29dbef59ada1966e7abe0b202c689e3b.jpg

This little fella keeps reminding me that there is no time to pause the work. He built his own rigging lines between the masts, showing way better skills than mine. I was indifferent enough to not follow his techniques. 

IMG_0215.thumb.JPG.a8dbec04a19ba757200ae13ea170109d.JPG

Edited by moflea

Alex.

Current build: Constructo's Union, 1:100 Brigantine

I'm at the stage of mounting the sails. The upper and middle ones of the both masts (I know they have designated names but I prefer the save the time searching for it) will go nice I think. I am thinking now about the lower ones. I don't like in particular the way it looks in the box picture. I'm also considering making them furled but I have a problem with the sails I made because I've impregnated them with diluted PVA and are quite stiff. 

I think I have to experiment with them for a while.

Alex.

Edited by moflea

Alex.

Hello Alex

You are embarrassing me! :)

I look at the quality and speed of your build and then look over at my poor attempt at progress and also realize I will have to kick it up a few notches to even approach your quality. :default_wallbash: Looking forward to your next installment.

Lou

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Hi Alex.

You are making a excellent model from a standard kit.

There is a tutorial on making sailes someware here on MSW.

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/3944-landlubber-mikes-technique-for-furled-sails/

And some reading.

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/11861-how-realistic-can-one-make-sails/

Don't use your existing sails as you have used pva glue on them... mutch to stiff and would not look right.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

• 1 month later...

Real life kept me away from the workshop for a while, but I am ready now to finish this little ship. I have to finish her until the winter is coming. I don't have any pictures to post right now, as I am looking for a way to build a display case. I want to do something simple and decent and I will soon start adding pictures.

Alex.

• 4 years later...

... and kept me away for so many years :) However, in the last two months justice was done and I've managed to finish her. I also built a display case for her. Here are some photos (not the final ones though as I need to clean the display case properly). It was quite an enjoyable ride!

Edited by moflea

Alex.

I agree with Dave. You have done outstanding work on a very common "Sticks in a box" model. Makes me feel even more guilty about my unfinished kit of the same model.

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Thank you for your kinds words. The work is far from outstanding but it surely was a LOT of fun doing it. Now she stands before me on my desk like a little jewel begging not to go away from me :)

Alex.