Looking for a second build

Loretus

Hello everyone! 

This is my first post in MSW, although I have been following some of the build logs here. I am about to finish my first ship, which is the Drakkar by Amati (currently doing final rigging adjustements) and I think I did a pretty good job (for a first build). The thing is this hobby has catched me and now I want more! I would like to build something maybe a little more complicated, but not too much. Right now I am looking at the HMS Granado by Victory Models, but I am not sure if I will be able to pull it off due to my lack of experience... any advise? any other recommendation for a second build?

Thank you!

IMG_20170719_151841.jpg

A very good model for a second build is the Model Shipways kit of the Skipjack "Willie Bennett".  Enough detail to make it interesting but not so complicated as to be beyond a second time builder.

My advice and comments are always worth what you paid for them.

I'd highly recommend the Syren.  The instruction provided literally walks you through every process, step by step.  Also, if you get stuck at any point, there are a lot of logs to view, and people within the forum to help; especially the creator the the model, Chuck.   Instead of a possibly frustrating experience, you'd most likely have a very good experience.