Full build of Amati Santa Maria

paul brown

When I joined the MSW this past April, I asked how I might get some help building the Amati Santa Maria, for which the company's instructions set a record for missing or flat out contradictory instructions!  I was told that someone might agree to be my 'mantor', and I now post this plea for help!  I am experienced in fairly complicated paper model chateaux and cathedrals, but this is my first wooden model, and I am frankly appalled with Amati's failure to include a clear and accurate set of instructions (and possibly even instructions for a slightly different version than I bought (not a confusion of 'First Step' with 'Full Build' versions).

Did you start a build log?  That is the best way to get help , take pictures of each step, people will help along the way, some members are more helpful with hull building, some with rigging, some with planking, etc

Casey

"I drank what?" - Socrates

Current Builds:  

Finished Builds: 

Future Builds:        

• Mamoli Golden Hind
  • Mamoli Black Prince
  • AL Swift

I'm not sure this message will be delivered to Modlerbob and cdogg, but thank you for replying.  I see no builds - past or present - of the Santa Maria when using that as a search phrase, and so I guess I will have to 'start a build' topic and hope for the best...

paul brown

Hi Paul,

I'm also looking forward to seeing your build log.  Cdogg hit the nail on the head with his post.  Once you post a log (with photos), people will start offering help when you ask specific questions.  

Alan

Paul,

there are a couple of Amati Santa Maria build logs.  Perhaps you can glean something helpful from them as you get underway.

shipcarpenter

mkmossop

Doug

Current BuildsBluenose II - AKrabbenkutter / Prince de Neufchatel / Essex Cross-section / Syren / Barque Stefano / Winchelsea / Half Hull / Maria HF31 - Dusek / Bandirma - Turkmodel

On the Shelf: Santisima Trinidad and Cross Section / HMS Cutter Alert / Tender AVOS / Confederacy

Suspended Build: Bluenose II - Billing Boats Nr 600