Carl,

at first i thought it was just me however I talked to Mary(nrg) about these issues hopefully Chuck has things under control as always 

for now I'll just say "I LIKE THIS POST" lol

There was a Software Update today. I guess that some things still need to be reset. Have patience guys and gals, Chuck or James will no doubt get onto it in (their) morning.

:cheers:  Danny

Canute likes this

Danny, site was down , i.e.,  only got a blank white screen displayed, from 1600 EDT till 2100 EDT yesterday Thursday 27th.  Gave up trying to login at 2100.  0700 EDT Today Friday I was able to login.

Canute likes this

I had the same thing (so did everyone). That was due to the Software Upgrade that I mentioned in my last post. This may happen again in the future, so don't panic if you can't access the site - it'll come back up when the work is finished.

BTW - there was a notification about it on MSW's Facebook page.

Elijah, bhermann and Canute like this

Point taken Jack. It would be a good idea to give some notice - it caught me out too, as I'm not one of the guys who do Upgrades. Hopefully notice will be given next time. No doubt Chuck will read this when he gets back on-line and let you all know.

mtaylor and Canute like this

Since NRG owns and hosts this website, the logical place to look for information would be the NRG main site. At least that's where I would go first, not to Facebook, since I never use Facebook. 

Canute likes this

Sorry guys we are working on the last few bits.  This was billed as an update and not a big upgrade.  They usually take just a few minutes.  Usually.  No big deal.   But as you can see it took much longer and ended up being a much larger version upgrade than they suggested.  So we thought there was no need to post about it everywhere......

We shall get the rest sorted soon.  

Chuck

BANYAN, Canute, Elijah and 1 other like this

Ha ha ha ha my first thought last night was man I guess Chuck really made the Russians mad and they ended up ddos /hacking the site. Then I realized it was probably just a site upgrade.   Especially after spending quite some time fiddling with my multiple browsers and different machines. Everything else in the world worked except for this site.  Glad it's back in all its glory!😁

puckotred, Canute and Altduck like this

On the bright side......working on setting up private sites for individual ship model clubs around the world.  I have only partially completed one for my Local Club in New Jersey.  Each club gets its own area for discussions...a gallery....a calendar....and much more.  Plus you can select one or two club members to become moderators of your club page.   Group projects will be set up this way too.     Plus much more based on this new app.  Look at the new button in the nav bar on top of the page.   I havent finished playing around with this one club yet so bear with me.

Canute and john_wilmer like this

16 minutes ago, Chuck said:

On the bright side......working on setting up private sites for individual ship model clubs around the world.  I have only partially completed one for my Local Club in New Jersey.  Each club gets its own area for discussions...a gallery....a calendar....and much more.  Plus you can select one or two club members to become moderators of your club page.   Group projects will be set up this way too.     Plus much more based on this new app.  Look at the new button in the nav bar on top of the page.   I havent finished playing around with this one club yet so bear with me.

I'm so pleased we moved from the clunky, mono-dimensional phpBB software. It's prehistoric in comparison to what this can offer. I used to have to do all the upgrades by manually amending code in hundreds of files.

Canute and mtaylor like this

It looks that all the old likes out of posts have disappeared.

Correct?

But there is something new : "member's total reputation"

Are these all the likes I've already received?

Canute likes this

Just now, Backer said:

It looks that all the old likes out of posts have disappeared.

Correct?

But there is something new : "member's total reputation"

Are these all the likes I've already received?

No, posts Liked before are still liked and tallied in that number you see.

Canute, Backer, mtaylor and 1 other like this

Maybe a translation error from me.

The old likes from before the update are invisible on my screen
The New likes after the update are visible

Not a problem for me.

The like button saves me a lot of translation work from Dutch in to English if I just want to say to someone : well done

Elijah, mtaylor and Canute like this

29 minutes ago, James H said:

No, posts Liked before are still liked and tallied in that number you see.

Ummm ... no they aren't Jim. No problem for me either.

Canute likes this

I really liked the old theme... is it coming back, or...?

aaaand i found the answer. I rarely visit this portion of forum, so i missed it. Sorry guys for spamming. 

Good job on upgrade. Ive noticed a few new functions too... lets play :)

mtaylor, Canute and Dan Vad like this

12 hours ago, Dan Vad said:

Point taken Jack. It would be a good idea to give some notice - it caught me out too, as I'm not one of the guys who do Upgrades. Hopefully notice will be given next time. No doubt Chuck will read this when he gets back on-line and let you all know.

Any possibility of when the site is under maintenance that a splash page could be put up?  

cog, Backer and Canute like this

Upgrades are performed on this site all the time, and no one ever notices it.

There was no reason to think that this was going to be any different than every other time, but it so happened that this was a major revision and not standard. That can't be helped. The only outlet I have at present to inform you all is Facebook.