The time of the Post is barely  visible, layout looks a bit off too. Firefox, Windows 7 Ultimate

post_information.jpg.e5695c59c3b4d4f56b1e147b0e7b12f9.jpg

We have had a major version revision. Thanks for the input. I'll try to get stuff sorted in the next day or so.

For the layout issues....there is a temporary solution.   I would ask those who find it annoying enough, to just select another theme.  Specifically the IPS default theme.   After every upgrade/update, each theme must be manually fixed to adjust for these.  Invision does however test and update the default IPS default theme.   If you select IPS default,  the layout issues go away.  For all other themes however it will take a bit of time.

I dont CSS coding ad those will have to wait for Jim or Dirk to take a look at.   It may be simple or it may be difficyult and time consuming I dont know.  But we will slowly work to fixing the layout problems.

As far as the like button issue....we are working on it too but that is a separate issue.

Chuck

mikeaidanh, James H, Canute and 1 other like this

Chuck, IPS Default is an Admin only template. Make it active if you wish.

Canute likes this

Hmm... I'm finding the IPS theme too hard on the eyes. But the Snapshot is better for contrast.   

I hope your tinkering finds something, Jim.  

jay, donrobinson and Canute like this

The alignment issue is now gone because we have totally removed the previous themes and uploaded the new 4.2 revisions. 

The IPS theme is pretty cruddy. When we are happy with the custom themes, the IPS will be switched off.

Canute, mtaylor, jay and 2 others like this

Just now, modlerbob said:

The home button is almost invisible too

Home button?

donrobinson likes this

There may well be changes to these newly revised templates. In fact, there definitely are.

I presume you mean this button though...

Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 09.13.16.jpg

donrobinson and Canute like this

I do a lot of copying of text and images from MSW. Before the last revision I could highlight text and images from the webpage, copy and paste both directly into my document. Now, when I try to copy and paste an image, all I get when I paste, is an invisible icon square with no image. To be able to paste I must first click on the webpage image which opens the image, then click on that image which results in another tab on the browser (Chrome) with the same image, but now I can drag that image into a folder. Once in the folder, I can open the image and copy and paste into document. That is a pain. Is this some sort of glitch or is this a "feature" of this revision?

donrobinson, mtaylor and Canute like this

JSGerson,

Wow, I have never been able to establish that. I have always downloaded images from a website before I could add them to a document. The only way I think I would get it to work is when using a hyperlink in my document to the image on the internet page

mtaylor, jay and Canute like this

Rather than start a new topic, and as this is somewhat related could I ask if the other themes will still be available?  I understand the nuts and bolts people may still be working on updating them, but just checking?

Please bring them back :)

cheers

Pat

Edited by BANYAN
fixed spello
Canute and cog like this

Hi Chuck and Jim, just tried the new one and it has some major faults, almost unusable at least on my PC (Win10 and Chrome - took a major effort just to escape from it back to an earlier theme.

cheers

Canute and jay like this

5 hours ago, BANYAN said:

Hi Chuck and Jim, just tried the new one and it has some major faults, almost unusable at least on my PC (Win10 and Chrome - took a major effort just to escape from it back to an earlier theme.

cheers

Can you describe the faults?

Omega1234, Canute and jay like this

James,

I tried it too.  It came up with white text on black background, which I don't care for.  That's not a fault, just a preference.

So I wanted to go back to Uniform 4.2.  The "scroll to top" band was in a layer on top of the "Theme" select so I couldn't go back the same way I got there.  This may be the fault Banyan referred to.

I ended up opening my account settings and the "theme" button at the bottom of that screen was accessible.

I'm on Win 7, Firefox 54.0.1 (32 bit)

Sorry if this isn't a very good technical description.  I'm not a computer jock.  Hope it helps a little.

And many thanks to you and the other administrators for all the work you do on the site.  Must take many many hours.

jay and Canute like this

To swap back easily, go to the forum front page where the scroll-back bar doesn't operate. 

Altduck and Canute like this

Pat I think it might be your computer as I have the same setup and it works just fine for me.  I cant find any issues at all.  I know you recently had other issues even befor the upgrade.   I wonder if you have something going on?   Can anyone else let us know if they have any issue with the engraved theme....and I dont mean how it looks.....I am referring to how it functions.

jay and Canute like this

Chuck,

no probs here everything works Great keeping in mind this program is extremely designed to be used as a IPad friendly technology.

Thank's Chuck

Jay

Canute likes this

Working fine now - just have to track that pesky gremlin down :)  Thanks guys

This is a very nice easy to read and crisp screen layout; only one minor issue, the Mark forum as read text is very hard to discern (see screen grab below).

5983b89911d8b_screengrab.png.0250375c0c29305cbe70e301dccd8f55.png

Thanks for the rapid updates to the themes, cheers

Pat

screen grab.png

Edited by BANYAN
jay, Chuck and Canute like this

It works fine for me but some of the colors are are difficult to see against the dark gray background.  Specifically the royal blue used for "special contributer" and the dark blue as seen at the bottom of Banyan's screen (If at first...).  The "Start New Topic" box is also very hard to see.  I am using Chrome.

jay and Canute like this