Returning to ship modelling after a number of years modelling railways

johnrs

I've spent a number of years modelling railways but decided on a change of direction due to moving abroad next year , I've had an interest in navy board models for a long time and did build a couple of models years ago 

I recently came across a model of a small English east Indiaman on a German site and hopefully the members on here can help track down any drgs if they exist, I have photos and the name and date of the ship and will post in the correct part of the forum once I've got used to the site,

Edited by johnrs

Welcome to MSW John

there are so many people on this site with so much knowledge that if you post what info you have they can surely point you in the right direction to solve your mystery ship . Look forward to hearing more 

Derek C

A man without a goal is like a ship without a rudder --Thomas Carlyle

Current Build

18th Century Whaling Vessel "Lagoda"

Finished Builds

Triton Cross Section by Derek C 1/48 

18th century longboat by Slideways - FINISHED - Model Shipways

18th century longboat by sideways from MS plans

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

John, :sign:

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

:sign:, and if you are like most of us, you will not look back to build anything else!!! :)

Greetings

Ulises

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

Hola Ulises,  thank you , I do have drawings for two other ships I'd eventually like to build , the Coral drgs of Berlin but many details on small drawings I think drawn by hoeckler seen on the web are not on the Coral drawings ( mostly carvings),  so will try and find more details first and other drgs at a larger scale so I can see what the carvings actually look like,

the other is the Nonsuch the drawings are from the museum in canada and are accurate for the reconstruction built a few years ago,

the English east India ship needs a lines plan my research into that is on going,  

I have amigos in puebla which I've visited five times, and an amiga in Mexico city and will possibly move there permenantly next year probably Atlixco . and learn Spanish !

Edited by johnrs