Hello all from Staffordshire England

Hi all,I'm brand new to this kind of modelling.I've designed quite a few things for an MDF kit company called DarkOps and a few of those kits were ships which kind if got me dying to have a go at proper ship kits.

I've just bought myself the Bucanner from occre which I can't wait to start when work allows.

I was wondering if anyone else has built this kit and has any hints or tips.

Cheers

Welcome to MSW, Smudger.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome to MSW Smudger.  One of the nice things about MSW is that you can feel at home whether like me you are new to the activity or whether you are long experienced. I'm from down under (NZ) and being very much a maritime nation there are a lot of folk interested in ships and boats of all kinds.  Go well!

Paul

Hello Smudger

DarkOps stuff looks like fun and should get you off to a good start. I look forward to seeing your builds.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

Welcome, Smudger

Looking forward to seeing your build pictures.  I'm new here myself and have already posted a few.

Regards,

Mark

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want

Current build: Model Expo Glad Tidings, Pinky Schooner

First builds:

Midwest Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack

Midwest Chesapeake Bay Flattie

Welcome to MSW! I don't have any tips for that particular model other than take your time and read ahead on the instructions but I do wish you the best of luck on your build.

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild