New member saying hello

Good evening all. I joined the forum after doing a search for model building while researching for a build. Through the years I've built two wood ship kits, the Smuggler from Bluejacket & the Fair American from Model Shipways, (I redid the FA into "Pheadrus" a privateer in honor of a deceased brother).

Those were after a few plastic model ships when i was a boy. 

I'm waiting on an Oseberg from Billing Boats. I found Jack P & Von_Kossa's build logs. Both beautiful renditions of the ship. I'm contemplating doing the same. We'll see. 

Anyway this forum looks to be a fountain of information and fine folks.

Killickthere

Edited by killickthere
spelling

31 minutes ago, ikkypaul said:

Hello "Kilickthere" - welcome!  Is you forum name a reference to the type of old anchor - or to the Royal & Commonwealth Navies' colloquial term for a Leading Seaman? What ever - here's to a good and fruitful time withModel Ship World. Paul

Hello Paul,

Actually thanks for asking about the name. In the series of books by Patrick O'Brien and what the movie Master & Commander was based on, Jack Aubrey's steward, Preserved Killick. That is what the name's based on. All through the 11 or so books Captain Aubrey would holler... "Killick there!" to get his attention. I can't count the times Jack hollered that. That's the long version. The short version is someone already has Killick hahaha. 

Thank you for the welcome.

:sign:

Derek C

A man without a goal is like a ship without a rudder --Thomas Carlyle

Current Build

18th Century Whaling Vessel "Lagoda"

Finished Builds

Triton Cross Section by Derek C 1/48 

18th century longboat by Slideways - FINISHED - Model Shipways

18th century longboat by sideways from MS plans