Cooey

Hi I'm a new member.

I built a couple of Billings models when l was younger, one with the help of my father.

About the time I married I started building a Dikar model of the Roger B Taney, but when we moved to our 2nd house, driven by birth of our second child the model got put away and left untouched for 30 years.

My kids are out of the house now and I'm retiring at the end of the year. I looked for and found the kit and was rummaging through it, thought it was probably time I returned to it. In my rummaging trying to figure out what step I had left off I had questions. Thinking google might be able to help I stumbled on your site and decided to sign myself up.

My question. Does anyone out there have a set of instructions that include figure 29 and 29a that shows you how to assemble the deck house. They seem to have referenced these figures in my instruction set but neglected to actually include them. Can anyone help me out?

IMG_1581.JPG

Hello Cooey,

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

A warm :sign: from Monterrey, Mexico

I am sure you will get some help with your question from someone. Sorry it isn't me! :(

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

Welcome to MSW! Good to have you with us. As suggested already, start up a build log and post some pictures of where you are at and of what the finished piece looks like if it is shown well on the box. We have many experienced builders that might have built her or are good with scratch building that might be able to give you some tips to create it.

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild