Sign in to follow this  
tigerdvr

Syren vs Irma

GaryKap   

Hi Harley -

The important thing right now is that YOU and your family stay safe.  The ship models can always be replaced.  I have been watching TV news regarding the hurricane and it looks and sounds very bad.  God be with you.

<<Gary>>

Irma has come and gone to central Florida.  Our community had some damaged roofs, fallen trees and etc.  I lost some trim pieces on my house but fortunately no leaks.  My models suffered one minor casualty.  I opened my sliding glass door too soon after the storm center had passed and a gust of wind blew through the house sending my recently finished topsail schooner sailing through the air and when it hit the floor there was some minor damage.  Lost power for a little over 24 hours but otherwise just some shaken nerves.

Piet   

I might as well chime in here. Good to hear that most fared fairly well. We, my wife Gwen and I, came through unharmed without any damage to home or property. Just a lot of tree debris from the surrounding trees in neighbor's yards. Took two days to clear our yard but we are ready to go. Were without power for two days, lost three of my koy fish, have just two left. My router took a hit and could not communicate when the power finally came back on. Used the Android phone sparingly for the in case emergency calls. My Surabaya model was safe in the garage, had no other place to store it. So yes, we lucked out.

Cheers,

Canute   

Good to read you're safe, Piet my friend. That was a nasty storm. It's effects up here in the WNC mountains was debris and flooding of some spots. Me, I just had some debris.