modlerbob

How do I add indexing to my signature as I have never done this before

I have no idea of how to add my current build logs to my signature and what I have read so far is most confusing.

Bob

1. Go to your profile and enter the "settings".
  2. Click on "signature"
  3. In the composition box write in your entries/discriptions
  4. On the ones you want to link to highlight the text you want to become the link and click on the little chain on the task bar.  
  5. In a separate window open the page you want to link to and highlight and copy the full http: address in the task bar on top.
  6. In the "link" window paste the address into the URL space and  click "Insert into post"

Repeat 3-6 for each link you want to create and hit "save" All should show up as links and direct you to the pages you chose.

Hope that helps.

Lou

Edited by lmagna

When I go into my profile and click on settings - Signature is not in the box - I use an imac - could that be an issue

Thanks

Don

Don

I would think that the brand of computer would not make a difference, unless you are using an I pad or other mobile device rather than a standard or laptop style computer. I do think your browser could affect stuff. I had to quit using IE in windows seven on this site and switch to Google Chrome mostly just for MSW. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will look in and be more helpful. 

Lou   

Don it is most likely a Safari incompatibility issue. Use Google Chrome. I got a new iMac and have several compatibility issues with the new Safari. I use to love my iMac not so much anymore.

Not sure which version of Safari you are using but there have been no compatibility issues for me and I've been using it on iPhone, iPad, MBP as well as a 2016 iMac.

I don't see a "signature" selection in my profile when I choose edit.  I use google chrome

Which ones do you want added to your Signature Bob? I can do it for you right now.

EDIT - You may notice that ALL your Build Logs that are in the Kit Forum are now in your Signature. You can buy me a beer next time we meet :D.

If there are any you DON'T want in there let me know in your reply.

:cheers:  Danny

14 minutes ago, modlerbob said:

I've always wanted to go to Australia.

You'll love it :). Beer is about $AUD5.00 a schooner :D.

BTW - If you want me to change anything let me know. It's easier for me to do it than to explain how, considering the advice you've already been given which doesn't seem to be working for you.

1 hour ago, modlerbob said:

I don't see a "signature" selection in my profile when I choose edit.

You need to click on your Name, not your Photo. It's in "Account Settings".

:cheers:  Danny

modlerbob likes this