Hello from Hervey Bay, QLD, Australia

Geezer

Hi All

Recently found this site and have been browsing through the forums, What an incredible wealth of information!

I'm new to the hobby, having started out with the Sirius Deck Cannon from Modeller's Shipyard to see if I had the goods. It didn't turn out to badly, so I'm now building the Corel Victory Cross Section. I figured that a cross-section would probably expose me to most of the different skills I'd need when I go for the real deal. Next in line is probably the Sirius from Modeller's Shipyard (to learn planking) and if I make a good fist of that I want to build the Victory or another ship of the line.

Looking forward to following build logs and meeting some of you :)

Cheers

Grant

G'day Geezer, and a welcome from down south :).

"Sirius" is a fairly good kit from all accounts, but she may be a bit of a handful to learn planking on. I'd suggest one of Modeller's Shipyard's smaller offerings like the Norfolk Sloop, Port Jackson Schooner or Mary Byrne. In my build log of the Norfolk Sloop (link in my signature) I do a "Plank by Plank" description of how I cut, shaped and laid each one, which may be helpful to you.

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi