Confederacy Problem

Tigerdvr

First, Administrators, if this is the wrong forum, sorry.

I am building the ME Confederacy. The main wales are painted and I am getting ready to paint the area above the channel wales. The gun ports appear to be reasonably shaped and positioned when viewed from the outside.

Now comes my problem. I remembered testing the stern chasers on the Syren to make sure they would be positioned in the ports correctly. I tried the same technique on the Confederacy and with the decking laid down the guns will not sufficiently clear the port sills. I built a kit gun carriage using the after market brass cannon and that has even less clearance.

Short of blowing the project up (I won't do that anyway) I seem to have a choice of lowering the sills or laying a second false deck to raise the final deck level. I don't know if that would throw the quarterdeck and focsle off.

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions that you can offer.

Thanks, Harley

Cheers, Harley<p 

Under Construction:       USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54 1/200 by ILoveKit

Completed:                     F-35A 1/48 by Tamiya

USS Atlanta CL-51 1/350 by Very Fire 

Liberty Ship John W. Brown 1/350 by Trumpeter

HMS Spiraea K-08 1/350 

USS Arizona BB-39 1/200 by Trumpeter/Mk1 Design

HMS Sir Gareth 1/350 by Starling Models

USS Missouri BB-63 1945 1/350 by Joy-Yard, 9/11/21

USS Indianapolis CA-35 1945 1/350 by Trumpeter

USS Kidd DD-661, 1945, 1/350, on The Sullivans kit by Trumpeter

USS Alaska CB-1, 1/350, Hobby Boss, Circa 2/1945

Brig Syren 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

Started,On Hold:     Frigate Confederacy 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood