Bismarck by Semorebutts - FINISHED - Trumpeter - 1/200 scale - PLASTIC - with MK1 detail set

lovely work, I enjoyed doing mine, and yours looks far better

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Thank you Kevin!   I staunchly disagree  that mine looks better than yours though. Your build and the flory build were my  inspiration and gave me the courage to even buy the kit.  Your Bismarck has  unbelievable weathering to it. The way the rust  streaks run down from the portholes alone amazes me. It has much more depth and range of weathering to it. Mine is just the  same Mono tone shading throughout the entire ship. 

I'm  just an amateur trying to emulate Amazing builds like yours. It's  nowhere near yours but  I think it will still look really cool in my house to anyone and laying eyes on it for the first time. Most people don't see that everyday so its  A pleasant surprise. The average Joe will say "WOW, what an amazing modeler you are". But all of us here know better ;)

Edited by semorebutts

3 hours ago, semorebutts said:

Thank you Kevin!   I staunchly disagree  that mine looks better than yours though. Your build and the flory build were my  inspiration and gave me the courage to even buy the kit.  Your Bismarck has  unbelievable weathering to it. The way the rust  streaks run down from the portholes alone amazes me. It has much more depth and range of weathering to it. Mine is just the  same Mono tone shading throughout the entire ship. 

I'm  just an amateur trying to emulate Amazing builds like yours. It's  nowhere near yours but  I think it will still look really cool in my house to anyone and laying eyes on it for the first time. Most people don't see that everyday so its  A pleasant surprise. The average Joe will say "WOW, what an amazing modeler you are". But all of us here know better ;)

the most amazing thing that i found with my Bismarck build was that i actually finished it, lol i wish i did smaller scales and kept it simple, but even my card build of the SD-14 has got a mind of its own and taking me in a direction that will test my stamina to complete, any way thank you for the kind words, and - i still think it looks better than mine lol

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

I finished shading  three of the six guns that I am working on.  I could not wait to finish all six so I put three of them on the ship.  They are not glued yet.  

IMG_2349.thumb.JPG.53e5d770c9f1572085828afe4bdea39c.JPGIMG_2351.thumb.JPG.c6e2f80df6d717d7cbb9223bb138f97a.JPG

I wanted to face the guns straight forward and straight back but the center gun hits the lifeboat crane making that impossible. I am forced to set them at  and offset angle sticking out beyond the bow which I do not like. I will leave them unglued for now in case I think of somthing. Wow the pictures do not do this ship justice, the ship is starting to look really cool and really detailed. 

IMG_2352.thumb.JPG.afd913c933bc5977370ad1374155bcf8.JPGIMG_2353.thumb.JPG.72f12f8ec114efaada2e87da8a7ddc42.JPGIMG_2355.thumb.JPG.c8a5fd2bf7144001202f08947c5a6348.JPGIMG_2356.thumb.JPG.79112788b038284844bd4e7feda9f3d6.JPGIMG_2357.thumb.JPG.2dcb354e904d3fdc7fd5b7ac37f75029.JPG

Edited by semorebutts

Thank you CDW! I have the 1/200 missouri sitting in my closet ready to go.  I was also thinking maybe the 1/200 hornet or enterprise, or perhaps trying a wooden ship ( diana, agamemnon or victory)  though thats all new tools to buy. So I guess it's still up in the air but probably the missouri. 

Hey LH, I wish I could but the are glued in position. Maybe I should have checked before hand. I never thought this would be an issue. Expect the unexpected I guess. 

Edited by semorebutts

She is looking so nice  such great precision work.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Outstanding shading has really brought out the character of your build. Well done.

Cheers, Harley<p 

Under Construction:       USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54 1/200 by ILoveKit

Completed:                     F-35A 1/48 by Tamiya

USS Atlanta CL-51 1/350 by Very Fire 

Liberty Ship John W. Brown 1/350 by Trumpeter

HMS Spiraea K-08 1/350 

USS Arizona BB-39 1/200 by Trumpeter/Mk1 Design

HMS Sir Gareth 1/350 by Starling Models

USS Missouri BB-63 1945 1/350 by Joy-Yard, 9/11/21

USS Indianapolis CA-35 1945 1/350 by Trumpeter

USS Kidd DD-661, 1945, 1/350, on The Sullivans kit by Trumpeter

USS Alaska CB-1, 1/350, Hobby Boss, Circa 2/1945

Brig Syren 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

Started,On Hold:     Frigate Confederacy 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

Hey everyone,  I  finished up shading the rest of the guns. Then glued them into the the ship. 

Alot of them didn't  fit so I had to file the holes till they fit. 

IMG_2364.thumb.JPG.a7d7463285b9928414985cc52d79686a.JPG

It's hard to get all six guns in the same photo but here are a few photos. Up next, odds and ends then the veteran models gun kits I bought as an upgrade. 

IMG_2365.thumb.JPG.27e070aa15b72765bbe5df784f7581cc.JPGIMG_2367.thumb.JPG.5e6484884894df52ff7cb3a1c0f663a9.JPGIMG_2368.thumb.JPG.3eafa913ae1b1fc472d61a778553e949.JPGIMG_2369.thumb.JPG.ed3f121334fd45566c14661c84043e3a.JPG

Amazing and Beautiful.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

awesome paint work.......looks great!  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi Chap,

Absolutely awesome work!!

I have a question for you and others that are attempting your Build....

I have this model in storage plus the MK1 detail stuff.

How come you didn't use the Deck Recognition Transfers? (Maybe I'm incorrect?)

I believe there are products that ensue Decals adhere to complex contours.

Dumb question....

Cheers....HOF.

Edited by hof00

Completed Builds:

A/L Bluenose II

A/L Mare Nostrum

Sergal/Mantua Cutty Sark

A/L Pen Duick

A/L Fulgaro

Amati/Partworks 1/200 Bismarck

A/L Sanson

Dumb questions do not exist 'arry.

There are liquids which make the decals follow the shape of dents and bulbs on the plastic. I got some from Vallejo, but haven't needed it yet. There are other brands too. Besides the contour following, there are liquids which deter sticking to the surface, and to make them stick better. You can find quite some information on youtube when you look for "model decals how to apply"

Cheers

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

I use Testor's decal set when I have a tough time getting the decal to lay down correctly.   

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

oh great! first Dan, now you... just looking at this log made Bismarck shoot strait to the top of my "to-do-next" list. awesome!!

cheers!

Denis

Current Build: HMS Pandora 3D modeling

Swan Class HMS Pegasus for Admiralty Models 3D Build

My other 3D work: Artstation

• 2 weeks later...

They are not part of the MK1 or Pontos detail sets. They are sold seperately as mini kits by Veteran Models each kit is 2 guns. So I had to buy 4 kits. But the detail is AMAZING! Theres no way to see the detail with my iphones camera. Theres also  no way to use all the available parts as there are waaay to small( for me Atleast) I highly recomend veteran models kits as an upgrade.

these are 2 parts in the kit at the end of the tooth pick! Way to small for me. With how busy a battleship is the average   Person observing the whole Model would never see these two pieces anyway.   Besides there is no way I have the skill to install these two pieces 

IMG_2415.thumb.JPG.1a165089c5beb5a95ac67fbf92fbbf72.JPG

These parts are not  even the smallest pieces I would have shown you the smaller ones but I had no idea how to cut them away from the sprue. 

Edited by semorebutts