Bismarck by Semorebutts - FINISHED - Trumpeter - 1/200 scale - with MK1 detail set

looks very nice Seymore........excellent rigging!   I'll have try that for my flags too :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

The instructions say to just put a drop of thin CA on the part where you want to connect and just touch the EZ line to it - sets almost instantly. I had no trouble using it on the Liberty Ship Brown.

23 minutes ago, semorebutts said:

Definitely different than tamiya. 

Different good, or different bad?

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Maybe like Carl said or adding a drying retarder/wetting agent?

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

flow improver is only useful to distribute the paint evenly, it doesn't help against clogging your brush, or improve the flow from the airbrush

Edited by cog

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

On 2/14/2019 at 12:37 AM, lmagna said:

Thanks semore

Mark

Do you think that coating with glue/water softens the flag enough so that it is not as stiff as semore's method of folding the dry flag over the glue/foil?

The glue/water doesn't seem to "soften" but then it's basically cloth and watered glue.  I'm seeing no signs of drooping on the flag(s) that I've done.   I also lightly brush the same mixture on the rigging lines to help them hold their shape and resist humidity changes. Been about 10 years on the Wasa and several on the Constellation so there is no long term observation.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

So guys. This is off topic. I don’t know if guys are going to like this but I’ve been thinking alot about my next build. Lately I’ve been leaning towards somthing thats not the missouri... or even a ship.   Hobbyboss 1/72 of the biggest gun ever made. The german “dora” gun.  I think it so cool. Heres a photo. 

51A1253B-4EF0-4D0F-B748-7C08AE7ABD87.thumb.png.850b14af7c647dcbf3518129070a1add.png

I cant do 2 builds at once. Im actually rite on the fence between Missouri and this.... I dont know what to do....ugh

i still have an arado and an acrylic case to complete so I have a little time. 

The only ones bigger was the so-called "atomic cannon" and then there's the ones they tried building on the side of a mountain.  But they were never operational.

Given the choice it's a toss up on the ship or the gun.  Maybe you need to do the gun as a diversion or as Monte Python's famous line: "And now for something completely different".    

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I've had my eye on the gun, but haven't seen any after market ... and thought it rather expensive, but that may be the case in Europe, whilst it is "afordable" in the US

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

2 hours ago, semorebutts said:

I can’t believe that actually existed.  Unbelievable!  I’m searching the web for any aftermarket upgrades now.    Thanks for your vote!

Have you seen the 1:35 Trumpeter German locomotive and rail gun kits? I bought the Eduard Big Ed sets for mine but to be honest about it, they would look good without the detail sets. I am just guessing, but I imagine the 1:72 Hobbyboss Dora will look great without any aftermarket. I have seriously considered buying it, too.

Semore, I built the Tamiya 1:35 German 60 cm Siege Mortar about 20 years ago, both kit versions - rail mounted (1:72 scale I think) and unmounted ready to fire. Photos below:  That rail gun would make a nice model.IMG_5918.JPG.297527b6f82f2304366ea053920538d7.JPGIMG_5910.JPG.f66f5ff39af87bda6f771e7a1c027f50.JPGIMG_5913.JPG.6008ae5a9f71b021204198360bcdb4c1.JPG