Bismarck by Semorebutts - FINISHED - Trumpeter - 1/200 scale - with MK1 detail set

it makes a difference........but either way,  it's some awesome work  ;)   you added the guns.....very nice  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

10 hours ago, semorebutts said:

I wonder if mini vacuum kit will actually  be usefull in dusting the Bismarck.  For $5 its worth a try.

Uh oh...better not. :o

You already have a much better tool for this...your airbrush. :)

WIP: No ships atm...sorry!🙄

Completed: Greek bireme - Dusek - scale 1:72

Louie da fly: "I think it requires a special kind of insanity to choose a galley to build a model of."

Beautiful work.

Especially the PE Parts are very nicely fitted.

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Love it! it's a treat to look at!

Is that a navigation light on the corner?

Louie da fly: "I think it requires a special kind of insanity to choose a galley to build a model of."

The thingie in the red circle looks a bit like a starboard (green) navigation light....with the rectangular (painted green) reflection panel in front of it.

I'm not sure though.

And in the blue circle the paint chip I mentioned. :D

bismarck.jpg.23c99dad6407c53f5bdc2cfdd6afa379.jpg

2 hours ago, Robin Lous said:

The thingie in the red circle looks a bit like a starboard (green) navigation light

Yep, that's what it is :). The Port side one is painted red.

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

Looking superb indeed. I am going to do the revell 1:350 bismark kit after christmas (I am just finishing the rigging on my Supply) and want to do something different for a bit. I have some PE and am looking at components at the moment so I can put lights inside the ship. I must say, after looking at how tiny the PE is I am now wondering if my eye sight will finally fall apart. I noticed you are painting your PE, I have seen other ships where it is left in brass but I think id prefer to paint it as well.

Current build: Caldercraft 1:64 HM Brig Supply

Finished builds: HMS Endeavours longboat

Thank you Telp! 1/200 scale PE makes me go cross eyed it's so small so Can't imagine how small 1/350 would be. I was thinking of trying a wooden ship and the 1/200 Missouri simultaneously after the bismarck. I also like painted PE but make sure you prime PE before painting it,  I dont and it chips very easily. 

Scott,

PE 1/200 is ... BIG. 1/350 makes your eyes go :stunned::blink::wacko: and if you work without an optivisor ... it possibly gives you a splitting headache, or the feeling your eyes pop outta your head if you work to long on it. Although, it depends on the item too, making AA guns is sheer joy :huh: ... so you are in luck with the scale you selected  ;)

The superstructure is coming along rather nicely. Well done

Edited by cog

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Oh wow nice!  Im so mad its coming out horrible!  I used thin CA glue for the ladder so it filled in the gaps between rungs. So now when I paint it, it wont even look like a ladder.  I have to rip it off now. I can either go without a ladder which wont make sense or try to buy 1/200 PE ladder set somewhere. Im so stupid. On the bright side thin CA would make great clear window panes. 

Edited by semorebutts

16 minutes ago, semorebutts said:

I can either go without a ladder which wont make sense or try to buy 1/200 PE ladder set somewhere.

Here you go Scott : 1/200 PE Ladders

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

Use a lighter. Just get it to flame up and it will burn the CA off. Don't keep your lighter to long to near, just to let it burn itself off, and you can restart reattaching the parts. ONLY DO IT ON BRASS TO BRASS GLUED PARTS!!!!

I used thin CA too, but applied it with a thin brass/paperclip at intervals. You should manage allright Scott

Oh, right, use tweezers. The brass gets rahter hot ;)

If that is not to your liking here are some more choices

Edited by cog

Carl

If the worst comes to the worst drop the ladder into some nail varnish remover for a little while, it will take away the ca glue. May mean putting it together again. If you use a cotton bud and apply the nail varnish remover youd be able to thin it enough to wipe it clean.

Current build: Caldercraft 1:64 HM Brig Supply

Finished builds: HMS Endeavours longboat

Looks good to me Scott. We'll find out soon enough if you are more of a perfectionist than not. If you are you will most certainly have a redo on your hands ;) I like it the way it is ...

good luck with the booms

Carl

oh If I don't like it after i paint it I will have to redo it! lol I cant go forward if I'm not happy.  MK1 sells just the mast set and I will buy that and start over if i had to. but hopefully it's fine. Theres like 3 rungs on the top 3 on the bottom and 1 in the middle that might still be filled in. so I hope i can live with it.