QUICK-FIND INDEXES to BUILD LOGS FOR KITS

Quick-Find Indexes to Build Logs from Kits

Up to 1500 Mar 2024.pdf1501-1750 Mar 2024.pdf

1751-1800 Mar 2024.pdf1801-1850 Mar 2024.pdf

1851-1900 Mar 2024.pdf1901-Present Mar 2024.pdf

The Links above take you to a number of "Quick Find" Indexes to the Build Logs for vessels made from Kits on this Site. They are alphabetically entered by Ship Name and Builder, as well as showing the Kit Manufacturer and whether the model has reached completion. NOTE - these Indexes do not contain those models that are Scratch-built with the exception of "Ships in Bottles", "Radio Control Models" and "Restorations".

The Indexes are grouped in the various Building Types we have on this site - Wooden Ships, Small Craft, Plastic Models, Card, Radio Control, etc so you can easily find the type of build you are looking for.

They are in PDF files, so you will need to have a PDF Reader installed in your computer to open them. These are available as free Downloads from various sources on-line, such as Adobe Reader:  https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

When you click on the Link to open your Index of choice you will be asked to Download the file. Select a Folder to download to (optional - the Default is your "Downloads" folder). Any time you open that file from this page it will overwrite the previous file, and paste the new one in.

The Indexes will be updated as new Build Logs are started, usually within a few days of them appearing, so it's advisable to update your Indexes periodically. You can view the downloaded Indexes from your computer without having to download them every time, but new ones may have been added since then.

In the Index Click on the blue Ship's Name for the Build Log you want to view and it will open the Log. If you want to return to this page there is a Link at the top of the Index marked "Return to Model Ship World" that will bring you back here.

To find a particular model quickly in the PDF Index - Click on the Edit Menu and select "Search", which will drop down a Dialog Window. You can type in the ship's name or the Builder (or even the Kit Manufacturer) and it will go to the first one in the list. Keep pressing the "Next" button to find the one you want and then Click on the blue Ship's Name to open the Build Log. This feature is particularly useful in the larger Indexes which have many pages. The pages have a Scroll Bar on the right which you can also use, or if your Mouse has a wheel you can turn that to also go down quickly. Pressing the "Page Down" key on your keyboard also goes down a page at a time.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

This is great! Just to note - my Yacht America build is finished. Thanks for putting this list together - it is very helpful!

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch)

under the bench: Admiralty Echo cross-section; MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

48 minutes ago, MEDDO said:

Thanks for this.  Lots of work here.

It took me off working on my Bismarck for a whole week :(;). From the looks of the above replies it all seems to work OK.

Just to note - my Yacht America build is finished.

Noted, Hamilton. I'll edit that in.

Thanks for the "Thanks" guys :D.

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

This is really a nice feature.  I know I will be using it.  Thanks for putting this together.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

Holy moly!

What an outstanding job you have done!

Am I blind or is the 18th Century Longboat missing in the listing?

Edit: My T37 is also finished.

Edited by Nirvana

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

27 minutes ago, Nirvana said:

Am I blind or is the 18th Century Longboat missing in the listing?

It's in the Small Craft Index.

Your T37 has been noted and will be added soon.

Danny

Cheers, Danny

• 8 months later...

Greetings Dan,

Just tried to use the Index (a great addition BTW).

When I select "Wood Ships" or "Small Craft", "Plastic & Resin Models" comes up.

I tried it a number of times with the same results.

Regards, Harley

Cheers, Harley<p 

Under Construction:       USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54 1/200 by ILoveKit

Completed:                     F-35A 1/48 by Tamiya

USS Atlanta CL-51 1/350 by Very Fire 

Liberty Ship John W. Brown 1/350 by Trumpeter

HMS Spiraea K-08 1/350 

USS Arizona BB-39 1/200 by Trumpeter/Mk1 Design

HMS Sir Gareth 1/350 by Starling Models

USS Missouri BB-63 1945 1/350 by Joy-Yard, 9/11/21

USS Indianapolis CA-35 1945 1/350 by Trumpeter

USS Kidd DD-661, 1945, 1/350, on The Sullivans kit by Trumpeter

USS Alaska CB-1, 1/350, Hobby Boss, Circa 2/1945

Brig Syren 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

Started,On Hold:     Frigate Confederacy 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

39 minutes ago, tigerdvr said:

Greetings Dan,

Just tried to use the Index (a great addition BTW).

When I select "Wood Ships" or "Small Craft", "Plastic & Resin Models" comes up.

I tried it a number of times with the same results.

Regards, Harley

Fixed :). Thanks for the "heads up".

Danny

Cheers, Danny

Yay!  I made the list (Bowdoin)!  Thanks Dan.

Thank you for your ongoing administrative efforts to make this a truly wonderful site.

And thanks so much for your terrific builds and narratives.  Your work is truly inspirational.  It sets a very high bar indeed but you explain it so clearly and simply that it feels achievable (some day).

Steve

It is interesting to note the number of starts to the number of finishes.

Starts     Finishes

Wooden Ships       1673       308

Small Craft             235       107

Plastic/Resin           172        34

XSect/Guns/Dior       52        14

Ships in Bottles         23        12

RadioControled         20         4

Restorations             14         4

Looks like there is a lot still being built or given up on.

"Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, Something you do, Something you are, And something you give away" by Robert Fulghum

Thanks Steve and Steve :).

On 09/07/2018 at 2:03 AM, RussR said:

It is interesting to note the number of starts to the number of finishes.

Starts     Finishes

Wooden Ships       1673       308

Small Craft             235       107

Plastic/Resin           172        34

XSect/Guns/Dior       52        14

Ships in Bottles         23        12

RadioControled         20         4

Restorations             14         4

Looks like there is a lot still being built or given up on.

It's highly likely that there are quite a lot of completed models of which I have no notification, or which the builder hasn't marked as FINISHED in the log title. Don't take the tag as gospel ;).

Danny

Cheers, Danny

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Dan,

Is this where I notify you of my completed build log? I'm a bit out of date. My Rattlesnake, Prince de Neufchatel and Virginia Privateer are all now finished.

Many thanks for your help.

David

Current Build - St. Roch, Billing Boats; HMS Agamemnon, Caldercraft (on hold)

Previous Builds - Armed Virginia Sloop, Model Shipways; Constitution, Model Shipways; Rattlesnake, Mamoli; Virginia Privateer, Marine Model Co, restoration; Prince de Neufchatel, Model Shipways; Charles W. Morgan, Model Shipways; Pride of Baltimore II, Model Shipways, Bluenose, Model Shipways (x2); Niagara, Model Shipways; Mayfower, Model Shipways; Shamrock V, Amati; HMS Pegasus, Victory/Amati

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Dan,

thanks for getting me on the list with the Revenge. As i was looking through all the card models, I noticed the Dreadnought model that you couldn't establish the brand for? I can confirm that that model is from Maly Modelarz (Little Modeller in Polish). I had that kit myself until it got coffee-ed all over. Not the best thing to do with a card model kit. 😥

Adrie.

Modelling, modelling, modelling. Is there more to life?

Naaaah.

Adrie from Leicester

Current project: Shipyard's Revenge.

Future Projects:

1:100 Mayflower - Maly Modelarz - Card

1:96 Papegaai (Papegojan) - Shipyard - Card (Christmas present)

Thanks for that Adrie.

Danny

Cheers, Danny

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ubjs said:

Hi

The link to small craft points to plastic and resin models, I cant find a link to small craft.

Fixed. Thank you for pointing this out :).

Danny

Cheers, Danny

• 3 weeks later...

Mr Vadas,

I ask you an question or request on the 18 of December.

Maybe i was not clear enough for you.

The question was if you can change the title name of my model in San Ildefonso instead of An Ildefonso.

You can find it in quick find - wooden ships.

Then can you also put the Smit Rotterdam build by me at the same quick find-wooden ships.

Sjors

Sorry Sjors and others who have been waiting for an updated Index. My health and Xmas have been getting in the way a bit lately. The Indexes are now up-to-date.

Please note - updating the Indexes is a rather complex operation. It's not worth the time to update for only one or two new build logs - I usually wait until there are 5 or 6 new ones before updating.

Danny

Cheers, Danny

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Dan,

I am almost finished with my first build log - scratch -ship in bottle -Schooner Annie.

How do I get it onto the index?

When I finish the build log, how does the index get updated as FINISHED?

Also, how do I list my current builds and FInished builds, like the post above me?

thanks much!

-Josh