Ship paintings

Vegaskip

Lovely atmosphere there Jim,

one can feel her pushing along with wind and waves from aft.....

In the background a Cunard liner...

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

• 1 month later...

Wow Jim! I just spent the last 20 minutes catching up from the the first post to the last and I love all your work! I'd "like" every single one of your posts but I don't want to blow up your notification box.I can't even comprehend how you knock out at least one of these in an afternoon... you are truly talented!

Chad

Completed Models:

Triton Cross Section

In Progress:

Brig Eagle

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ChadB said:

Wonderful as usual Jim! How long have you been painting for?

Chad

I'm 77, so probably about 70 years. I retired in 2006 so I've been able to paint a lot more since then. The last 5 years have been a bit more serious, with exhibitions, book covers and illustrations. I no longer take pics to Galleries, with a view to sales,  some don't even look at them., they are more interested in Highland Cattle and abstract. I'm not rich, but we live reasonably comfortably. I sell the odd painting now and then. I'm too old for the hassle of running a business. 

Here is today's offering. Two Royal Navy Cutters chasing a French Frigate  late 18th century.
W/C 15" X 11"

image.jpeg

Edited by Vegaskip
Spelling

Your water is amazing.......not to mention everything else.

Rob

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."

Was just catching up with your posts and saw the St Clair with the Aurora Borealis. I’ve seen them, and your painting really captures the ethereal nature of the colorful curtains in the sky. 

Steve

"If they suspect me of intelligence, I am sure it will soon blow over, ha, ha, ha!"

-- Jack Aubrey

Builds:

Yankee Hero, Fannie Gorham, We’re Here, Dapper Tom (x3), New Bedford Whaler, US Brig Lawrence (Niagara), Wyoming (half hull), Fra Berlanga (half hull), Gokstad Viking Ship, Kate Cory, Charles Morgan, Gjoa

4 minutes ago, Vegaskip said:

I live in a little village in Fife, Scotland. It called Auchtermuchty

Jim

near enough ;)

do you keep a web-gallery of all your paintings perhaps or only here ? ;)

Beautiful work

Jacek

Current Build: HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models 1/64 

On Hold/Parallel: Lady Nelson - Amati/Victory Models 1/64

Ships gather in Hvalfjiord in Iceland for the onward journey to Northern Russia. Among the ships. From the left Convoy Rescue Ship Rathlin, VW Destroyer Vanoc, Corvette Eyebright and one of the 'Ranger' class RFA Tankers. In the distance a KG5 class Battle ship and County class Cruiser

Jim

w/c 15" X 11"

image.jpeg