Hello

austristan

Hi everyone,

I'm very much new to the model building world (it has been many, many years since I made some plastic models as a child) and looking forward to trying my hand at wooden ships. I'm planning on starting out with the Blue Jacket revenue cutter and just got it in the mail over the weekend.

Although I'm not drawn to the intense historical research that many here have a big passion for and clearly a lot of knowledge about, I do enjoy learning about history in a more bite sized format (like this forum) so I very much welcome any feedback as I (hopefully) build a number of models over time.

This group looks like a great resource and I'll be sure to get a build log started once I get underway as I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions along the way around best practices, interpreting instructions, etc.

Regards,

Tristan

:sign:

Derek C

A man without a goal is like a ship without a rudder --Thomas Carlyle

Current Build

18th Century Whaling Vessel "Lagoda"

Finished Builds

Triton Cross Section by Derek C 1/48 

18th century longboat by Slideways - FINISHED - Model Shipways

18th century longboat by sideways from MS plans

Triston:

All of us start new at some time in our lives. I consider myself as a beginner plus.  Working on my second model and have already messed up a little, but will correct it with some help from one of the scratch building books.   Good club and welcome.

Ed Meyer

Oregon coast

Welcome Tristan!  This is a great place to play. I'm new to modeling too. I'm looking forward to seeing Blue Jacket build.  

Best,

Mark

Edited by Estoy_Listo
syntax and grammar

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want

Current build: Model Expo Glad Tidings, Pinky Schooner

First builds:

Midwest Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack

Midwest Chesapeake Bay Flattie

Tristan,

Warm :sign:.

The choice of the cutter seems to be a great one.

Just watch the video from BlueJacket.

Enjoy!

Some day I hope to build a BlueJacket kit.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...