La Real by Rossi46 - Dusek - scale 1/72

Umping ahead to the rear portion of the boat while plugging away at the deck.  In order to make painying easier(airbrush) im building as much as i can off the boat.  Here is a mock up with some of the molded plastic decorations in place.  Lots of flashing on the plastic bits to remove.  Most of the plastic parts are going to be gold. 

20180108_170003.jpg

20180108_170040.jpg

20180109_073048.jpg

20180109_073230.jpg

20180109_073309.jpg

Hi,

This amazing ship has always been so intimidating for me :default_wallbash: You are doing a great job. Your detail work is great. I will follow along.

I found this - you may already know, but in case you don't

http://www.modelships.de/Museums_and_replicas/Musee_de_la_Marine_Paris/Photos_Reale_de_France.htm

PS: If you double click on the model photos it brings up super detailed close-ups

Cheers,

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_(galley)

1 hour ago, md1400cs said:

Hi,

This amazing ship has always been so intimidating for me :default_wallbash: You are doing a great job. Your detail work is great. I will follow along.

I found this - you may already know, but in case you don't

http://www.modelships.de/Museums_and_replicas/Musee_de_la_Marine_Paris/Photos_Reale_de_France.htm

PS: If you double click on the model photos it brings up super detailed close-ups

Cheers,

Beautiful model, thanks for the link.  I believe that is a different, later, french boat.  The model i am doing is a spanish ship famous from the battle lepanto in the 16th century.  There is a full scale replica of it in barcelona.  But there are are lots of tips and design cues i could use.  Thanks for sharing.  Here is a link to the boat im building.

Ah yes noted.

In the mid 1995 I visited Barcelona and do remember seeing her at the Maritime Museum, now that I remove the cobwebs from parts of my brain (very impressive museum as well).

Good that there are many photos available. So helpful indeed - as it also is for my current project.

Michael

Under the table:

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

1 hour ago, md1400cs said:

Ah yes noted.

In the mid 1995 I visited Barcelona and do remember seeing her at the Maritime Museum, now that I remove the cobwebs from parts of my brain (very impressive museum as well).

Good that there are many photos available. So helpful indeed - as it also is for my current project.

Your wasa build is my favourite current build on the site, the rigging is something else!🍻

Rossi46,

Thanks SO much for your kind words :) 

Regards,

Michael

Under the table:

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

• 3 months later...

Took a bit of a hiatus from the Real to build one of my alltime favourite interests, a saturn V rocket(airfix) and a launch tower(paper) i have finished both and returned to the the ship. 

Some pics of the saturn and tower first... Just because lol.   Im waiting on the led spotlights to arrive in the mail.

20180414_152711.jpg

20180414_152831.jpg

20180414_152812.jpg

20180414_152800.jpg

The stern area is really looking good, nice work Rossi

Excellent continuing work - especially given the amount of tiny details this replica needs.

Regards,

Michael

Under the table:

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

• 2 weeks later...

Great build! The details are amazing

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ive finished the boat for the most part and decided to try a water base to display it on.  I really didnt know how to do it but figured any major mistake was a layer of primer away from a distant memory lol.  The method i chose used insulation foam and drywall mud.  After that i primed it with white acrylic paint and started adding layers.  After a decent base coat was finished i sprayed it with lacquer gloss to seal it in and then kept painting on top.  Another gloss lacquer clear coat provided a perfect surface to dry brush the peaks.  Overall im thrilled with how they both are turning out.   I still have to attach oars correctly and build frame and enclosure, but these pics will give you an idea.

20190223_161240.jpg

20190223_170114.jpg

• 1 year later...

I just found your build log and enjoyed reading it. Your model and the diorama turned out fantastic! Congratulations. I might have to add this model to my wish list.

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild