Rossi46

La Real by Rossi46 - Dusek - scale 1/72

23 hours ago, Blighty said:

That will display very nicely when finished, tempted to get a similar style for my next build.

You should look at one of those briremes or triremes, theyre pretty cool looking.

Umping ahead to the rear portion of the boat while plugging away at the deck.  In order to make painying easier(airbrush) im building as much as i can off the boat.  Here is a mock up with some of the molded plastic decorations in place.  Lots of flashing on the plastic bits to remove.  Most of the plastic parts are going to be gold. 

20180108_170003.jpg

20180108_170040.jpg

20180109_073048.jpg

20180109_073230.jpg

20180109_073309.jpg

Hi,

This amazing ship has always been so intimidating for me :default_wallbash: You are doing a great job. Your detail work is great. I will follow along.

I found this - you may already know, but in case you don't

http://www.modelships.de/Museums_and_replicas/Musee_de_la_Marine_Paris/Photos_Reale_de_France.htm

PS: If you double click on the model photos it brings up super detailed close-ups

Cheers,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_(galley)

1 hour ago, md1400cs said:

Hi,

This amazing ship has always been so intimidating for me :default_wallbash: You are doing a great job. Your detail work is great. I will follow along.

I found this - you may already know, but in case you don't

http://www.modelships.de/Museums_and_replicas/Musee_de_la_Marine_Paris/Photos_Reale_de_France.htm

PS: If you double click on the model photos it brings up super detailed close-ups

Cheers,

Beautiful model, thanks for the link.  I believe that is a different, later, french boat.  The model i am doing is a spanish ship famous from the battle lepanto in the 16th century.  There is a full scale replica of it in barcelona.  But there are are lots of tips and design cues i could use.  Thanks for sharing.  Here is a link to the boat im building.

Ah yes noted.

In the mid 1995 I visited Barcelona and do remember seeing her at the Maritime Museum, now that I remove the cobwebs from parts of my brain (very impressive museum as well).

Good that there are many photos available. So helpful indeed - as it also is for my current project.

1 hour ago, md1400cs said:

Ah yes noted.

In the mid 1995 I visited Barcelona and do remember seeing her at the Maritime Museum, now that I remove the cobwebs from parts of my brain (very impressive museum as well).

Good that there are many photos available. So helpful indeed - as it also is for my current project.

Your wasa build is my favourite current build on the site, the rigging is something else!🍻

Took a bit of a hiatus from the Real to build one of my alltime favourite interests, a saturn V rocket(airfix) and a launch tower(paper) i have finished both and returned to the the ship. 

Some pics of the saturn and tower first... Just because lol.   Im waiting on the led spotlights to arrive in the mail.

20180414_152711.jpg

20180414_152831.jpg

20180414_152812.jpg

20180414_152800.jpg

Took a bit of a hiatus, but back at it again.  Completed the masts and spars and got to take my first stab at sewing my own sails.  Thank god for youtube 🍻

Took a bit of a hiatus, but back at it again.  Completed the masts and spars and got to take my first stab at sewing my own sails.  Thank god for youtube 🍻