Hello

Hi, I just finished the 1/96 Cutty Sark and have received the 1/96 Revell Constitution for Christmas this year. The Cutty was a blast to build , it took seven months to build. After seeing some of the other builds online I wish I would have gone slower and put a little more detail in. I plan to look at a lot of pictures of the Constitution before I start my build.

I have been into woodworking for over 20 yrs and would love to try a wooden ship. I am smart enough to realize that a wooden ship will require special skills that I may not yet possess. I want my first wooden build to be a learning experience so I don’t mind a beginner ship kit.

There certainly is a lot of great information on this site .  Any recommendations that members can give me as far as what my first wooden ship should be or tips  on my constitution Build would be greatly appreciated .

thank you.

You already have more demonstrated skills than I had when I started. I chose MSW Syren because of the great manual that came with the kit. She was built specifically to accompany the Constitution to the siege of Tripoli and played a pivotal role in the battle. You can download the chapters of the manual at: 

http://modelexpo-online.com/model-shipways-us-brig-syren-1-64-scale  Under the Instructions & Parts List tab

Even if you decide on another ship model this will allow you to study in general the methods used to build wooden ship models. Good luck

Current build: US Brig Syren (MS)

Larry Van Es

Former President

Ship Modelers Association

Fullerton California

http://www.shipmodelersassociation.org

trip 134

:sign:

And welcome from Belgium

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum