USS united states instructions?

Seadogrich

yup!   go here:

http://cuttysarkdrydock.wordpress.com/

you might have to dig around a little, but they are there

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

click on December 2011 in the lower right hand corner.......the main part of the instructions are November 2011

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Another possibility is if you are looking for the Revell kit instructions you can go here: https://www.revell.com/support/instructions.html

If it is the rigging you are looking for then you can scroll down to 85-0398 on the left column. They are listed as for the Constitution but should be the same. Click on the right hand column and you can download a PDF file of the original kit instructions.

In the same location and number you will also see the instructions for the hull and mast construction of the Constitution. They should also be the same as the United States except for the stern cabin and transom areas.

Hope you can find what you need

Lou

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

for this ship,  he might do well with the originals.   I met a fellow who is doing the Revell Cutty sark.....I have those instructions as well.  the kit he bought is sold by Revell /Germany.......come to find out,  they have been reproducing some of the 1:96 series kits.  the instructions are terrible and poorly done.....I suspect the ones I downloaded for the Connie are the same degree.  the extra parts that distinct the United States from the connie are an added poop deck, railings,and roundhouse badges.  I think an extra pair of gun port lids as well.  they also did away with the stern galley detail......aft bulkhead,  partitions, the table,  and whatever else was back there {not that this matters,  but the holes and slots are still there}.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hi Denis

I also looked at your blog and the scanned pages of the main instructions. If Seadogrich blew them up enough he will be able to see that the kits are the same except as you say, no interior cabin details and a couple of other things that are in the same area. I have never built the US so I was not completely sure until now.

Lou

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

I want to get the two of them on the table.   if I'm correct,  revell cloned the United States from the Connie.   all they needed to do was make the mold for the extra parts.......I think only several pieces.   I also want to find out why they deleted the galley parts from the United States...I'm sure there is room for them.  they didn't have to alter anything to add in the poop deck.

probably to balance the kit weight........ie...the price.   does anyone know the going price on a coupla grams of plastic?

Edited by popeye the sailor
more text

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Wasn't there a third model based on those two?  I seem to recall that there was.  Or maybe it's wishful thinking?

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Mark

I very well could be wrong but I think the only other ship that could be considered a sister ship to the US and Constitution would be the President. There were some changes in the President as well but for modeling purposes she was probably close enough for Revell to use the name for the same kit. I don'r know if it was ever done

Lou

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

to my knowledge,  Revell never reproduced a model of the President.  there were several in the series,  but there may have been one other.....the whaler Morgan.  I have never seen the kit,  but I've seen all the others.   I've built all but three......almost bought the Thermopylae.....the Kearsarge and the Spanish Galleon

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Denis

That is the second time you have tossed me a curve ball about the 1/96 Spanish Galleon when we discussed the Revell 1/96 kits.! Once in email and now on the forum. Somehow I can never remember that it was ever made.

Getting too old

Lou

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

I remember seeing the kit......I believe it was on oldmodelkits.com

we used to have what I considered the best hobby shop in Manchester.........the 606 hobby shop.   I moved to Fla. for five years.......came back and it was gone!  I bought all my stuff there.......the first Connie.......numerous cars and planes.   they used to have planes hanging from the rafters..... they had a large scale B52 that was so aWESOME!  I bought the first Connie there....and it's where I saw all the others........at $89.99 a kit,  I had to save!  ;) 

the admiral got me the Santa Maria the year before last for Christmas.......it's an old kit in 1:83 scale.  they have a couple 1:16 scale funny cars I wouldn't mind getting.  check out the site....see how many kit you've built.  it's like walking down memory lane :) 

Edited by popeye the sailor
added text

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I have looked at that site a number of times over the years and I agree it can sometimes contain some pretty interesting stuff. The only problem I have with the site is the lack of photographs on the models they are selling, and it always seems that the sellers for the models I am interested in have a super high opinion of how much their older model is worth! Like I said it could just be the ones I'm interested in, others may have better luck.

Lou

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey