T78 Norden by popeye the Sailor - Billings - 1:30- finished

thanks for the kind comment Sam......at this point in time,  I have four days to work on my projects.   this will be ending by the 17th of next month....I will be going on a 4 / 10 schedule.  currently I work three twelve hour days......makes for a long day,  but the four days off makes up for it......although Tuesdays  I'm usually recovering from the work week...a kind of 'work lag',  I guess you can call it.  I will give the new schedule and work assignment a try { I promised the admiral I would},  but I'm getting the thoughts that a change in venue might be in order.....extremely long story {boils down to the fact that I'm starting to hate the company I work for}.   as far as the Hood goes........I believe your thinking of semorebutt's log of the Bismark....he was looking for the kit.   I've seen a couple of other ones that I've been interested in..like the U.S.S. Arizona or the U.S.S. Missouri,  but the admiral has yet allowed me to pull any trigger on them yet {I'm still working on it}. 

I do thank you for thinking that I deserve an award,  but I don't think I'm alone....there are others that have projects on the back burner,  waiting for an idea to whisk them back to the forefront.   I am about to add to the roster..crazy as it sounds......but it won't impact my plans on the main table  ;) 

while I'm here,  I should post my update from yesterday.   I painted the buoys with the Billing's orange......by now,  they should be quite dry.  as I've mentioned before,  the Billing's paint really isn't a bad paint.   it dries fairly quick,  has a hard finish,  and the gloss paints have a really good shine finish to them.   the smell isn't the greatest though,  which makes them better suited to be used {if doing a large task},  in an area other than the house.   the buoys came out looking really good ....no brush streaks.....just a very smooth finish.

5a8d92c0cfc09_1.jpg.b9af063375ff0c7984a5794f4a8a0733.jpg

I ran toothpicks through them,  since the buoys don't need a hole running through them.   these are the kit supplied beads........I have quite an assortment of them on hand,  that I bought at Hobby Lobby.  if I need more............but I don't think so.....they give you ten of them.   so,  one end is chopped off,  the stub touched up by sanding {I could get very comical here,  but this is a family show}, and then touched up with paint.   we end up with these at the moment.

5a8d93e289762_2.jpg.432664f8ca5205ed312b11276347786c.jpg

I'll dab them a little later to build up the paint and hide the dimple.   the rest of the radar mast has been painted......that's waiting to dry.   the main mast is cemented in place as well....I can start the rigging process.  I'm trying to depict what is the standing rigging,  and what is the running rigging.......and what appears to be communication lines,  judging by the insulators shown in the drawings.   I believe that's what they are....I'll go with it ;)   there are three other buoys that are to be located behind the pilot house.....they have been tapered and painted,  and so have the rollers that line both sides of the bulwarks.   more assembly is being done with the net winch too......getting the assembly for the upper rollers is being a pain,  for some reason. 

5a8d95985da9d_3.jpg.4ea36350cbdc5bb1e3573839500eea09.jpg

another aspect that eludes me pertains to the buoys.   when I trim the other end,  in the stub's place will be an eye bolt.  pictures and video I have shows a bib around the eye bolt.  my first attempt to make them was a flop.........I'm going to try my hand at making them from paper,  so I don't damage another tool...... especially when that tool is my binder hole punch.   I hope to have more for you later on in the day.   thanks for look'in in.... :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

oh......buoy!   it's been a really fun evening,  play'in with buoys!  bouncing,  bulbous,  and buoyant buoys! :wub::D:rolleyes:    if you've looked at the videos posted throughout the log,  there are buoys.  unlike the ones I've added to my earlier builds,  these are round.........there are many different types.  looking at images online will show you the many types there are.

5a8e465b89c31_buoy2.jpg.9b93e0997646847f0621098a78e9d9ce.jpg  and come in different sizes...   5a8e46e632719_buoy1.jpg.8b9a76549a11b86ab056b52dd9c57551.jpg

I saw the bib around the eye bolt.......eyelet......whatever attachment,  and I wondered if I could get this tiny bit of detail on my little bobbing orbs.  the start of the session had me doing other things......like adding eye bolts to the stern rail and roof of the pilot house.  the radar is in place now too.

5a8e4812a0f51_1.jpg.48981fa086dce32cadb16d3eadf1bef9.jpg

the protruding end of the buoys were snipped off and sanded flush.......hee..hee.....snipping orbs!........what a guy!...... :D  :D   what's worse,  I added the eye bolts to them too!

5a8e48c039454_2.jpg.ff11860eef30e2697d144bedce8e3b7b.jpg

the parts for the other flotation devices and the roller bars were painted,  along with the associated parts.

5a8e492d1fa1e_3.jpg.8ff7c080fbba2920938f1821b18ab5d1.jpg

I will never use that rubber tube on any other models......the paint is still tacky....I fear it won't dry totally either.   I think it was the Mary Ann......I actually bought some oval beads.....should have done that instead {if I could find some small enough}.  the aft mast has also been cemented in place at this time.

5a8e4a351fddf_4.jpg.0b90a9a3676a53bab3654fc2674bfa72.jpg

so....the first thing I did in detailing my bevy of buoyant beauties,  was to take my binder punch and make me some circles.   I needed ten of them....pretty easy,  since it can do three at a time.

5a8e4ac8bfdff_5.jpg.b69266570476282b3c2c8c9bc5926e1e.jpg

after drilling a hole in the center,  a tiny wedge was cut out of it.

5a8e4b1891014_6.jpg.dc0e96aa5a52f380c053bb5f486bbe85.jpg

this was placed around the eye bolt...like so.

5a8e4b5b91317_7.jpg.306735121de3bfacf7b8eeeaf71abf82.jpg

a tiny bit of CA was used to cement it down......as it was pressed into place,  the edges of the paper closed up the wedge I had cut out of it,  making it a closed circle again.

5a8e4bd884f53_8.jpg.94db811932467bc94d7f9a45b31a0799.jpg

it took a bit of time.........and we all know what Ca is famous for.........stuck fingers :o   even the buoys stuck....took some paint off >darn it!<  you know your having a bad day,  when you have an orb stuck to your fingers....I can tell ya that!  "what's that big boy,  an orb stuck to your finger,  or are ya just glad ta see me"   >very funny Chester<

anyway......they are all done now.........AT..ten.....shun!

5a8e4daf0c349_9.jpg.8b4d298d5c48a5651124d57c6834e14c.jpg

takes a man to have such control over his buoys....ahhhh...hem!  OK.......now roll along and go play.  be back in time for touch ups....understand!   kids these days,  their so well rounded  ;)   I also finished the other buoys as well....added the orange plastic thingies,  gave them some stripes and put the flags on top.

I will need to make some sort of rack for them in the back of the pilot house.

5a8e4eda65065_10.jpg.49177df44e27c1637fedd1f888156950.jpg

in the background,  the boom for the aft mast is drying...it got assembled and painted.  there are a few more things that need to be done yet.......I was thinking of making the catch rack that's featured in the Cux 87 model kit {I did one for the Mary Ann too},  but there really isn't much room for it.  I thought that if I ever cloned another Mary Ann hull {1:33 scale},  I just might try and model this boat.......it would be bigger......with more room to get even more stuff on it  ;) 

in the words that my doctor told me......."no matter if it ties in the front or the back.......it's still a jacket"  ;)   night all....... :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Some production line you got going :)  The buoys and staffs look great!

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Am enjoying your banter, keep it up - and your buoys look good.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

thanks for the good word folks..........and of course,  thank you all for hitting the like button :)   more time was spent on her today,  bringing her even closer towards being finished :) 

thanks Sam...never be sorry about a good one liner ;)  {Rodney D. taught me that :) }  never mind that......today,  I couldn't get'em to settle down at all,  until I went down and got'em the latest copy of Buoy's life.....bata boom...bata bing!  :rolleyes:  a job's a job.......you got one......I got the whole lot of'em!

thanks Pat...appreciate the good word  :) 

thanks Piet......glad you enjoyed the last update......I was chuckling just writing the darn thing  :D   it was intended that way....no matter what you do....you gotta have fun doing it.  'cuz if you aren't,  then why do it.  thanks for the good word my friend  :) 

man!  I can't believe the weather........the last couple of day,  it was beautiful!   we almost hit 70 degrees.....we lost about 90 % of our snow and ice!  today.......30 degrees and an inch of snow!  :(    the morning was spent putting together the rollers and cementing them in place on both sides.   I even did some of the rigging.

5a8f83a38e810_1.jpg.c8ba93fe1061a112f7dce783ee6b599f.jpg

I still need to make the trays for the fish and the two small sails.   I won't disappoint you on the life preservers John......I still remember  ;)   I also assembled the upper rollers for the net winch.   I had goofed......I had the main part of the bracket attached to both sides of the winch...no.....only one side.  so I made the adjustments for that.

5a8f8487b71ff_2.jpg.2327f1524713b3e60fb81cf64b5eb13a.jpg

you can see the two white spots where I patched over the holes.  I'll get a better picture when I assemble the other two lines...the ones that go down to the base.

I also put the prop on.

5a8f8526b4bba_3.jpg.d11fbfa14074a9352bd6d125b3b4a898.jpg

I don't know why,  but the flags on the other buoys came apart.  they are sticky.......they wrap around the pole and the two sides fold together.  CA fixed that though......they just need a little touching up now.   tomorrow's Friday already.....then back to my private purgatory.   but there is redemption......I took Sunday and Monday off!   I only have to put up with 'em for one day.   hope to have an update for you fine folks tomorrow  :)  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Buoy oh Buoy Denis ;) looking dapper

I know what you mean about work. I am now retired but was forced to retire early after 30 years of service, because of a new boss I got. Long story short... he knew nothing about my job but he tried to tell me how to do it... I kicked off big time (big mistake, should have left)... a year of in fighting with him affected my health so I left and then went through a 2 year tribunal which was horrible but ended well in my favour financially but it took its toll mentally. I wouldn't recommend this route to anyone. Time is a great healer though and I still keep in touch with my friends there, who were brilliant and very supportive. Sorry for the digression.

Back to your fine vessel... glad you spotted the one sided attachment on the gill net winch which I mentioned.

I had the same problem with the decal flags as they are just too brittle. I ended up using folded over black electrical insulating tape with stick on numbers which were a big improvement for a novice like me (see in my album). Not sure how they will hold up over time though and maybe a coat of lacquer or something would help.

Keep up the good work. 

thanks John.......no....that's being resourceful ;)    you'll need that skill for the project your doing now.  try taking the decals off anywhere else?!?!  I couldn't believe it,  when I got up the next morning and saw the flags like that!   if you do anything to them.....use a spray,  not a brush.  I noticed that CA takes the color off them too { I gotta touch them up}.   I noticed the pho-par with the winch as soon as I saw the videos........the weights and the catch would jam the winch up,  if it had fill bars over the rollers.  it's almost finished now,  and soon,  I can add it to the boat.   I was hoping I could still slide the net under the upper rollers,  but with the way I had to assemble it,  I don't think I can do that.  I may try to adjust it.  thanks for look'in in and the kind comment John.........I don't regard you as a novice.  you lost that the day you finished the model ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hi Denis

Seems like working with buoys really floats your day!:D

Great work, they will really add to and complete the overall look of the model.

Lou  

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

thanks Lou.......if I had gone to Hobby Lobby,  I'm sure I would have found something in the Jewelry dept,  that I could have used.   this worked out just as well. 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hi Denis

Mmmm...I know that this may sound a bit cliche, but, I really, really do like this ship of yours.  Not only because of the level of detail and skill that you’re adding to it, but, hell, she’s one really good looker😀!!!  They really knew how to design boats full of character and interest in those days, didn’t they?

Oh, and before I forget...damn fast progress, too!

Cheers. 

Patrick

thanks Kees and John...appreciate the very kind word :) 

thanks Patrick......it's hard to glam up one of these boats,  while keeping with the work boat feel.   I get a lot of ideas looking at pictures of actual boats....or the one in question {if I can find it}.   pick the little things you can do and go for it......and you certainly know how to do that  ;) 

you folks have been telling me how fast I seem to be going with this build.......you folks are right!   I'm amazed.......I started this model in mid December.  I'll likely be finished with her by mid March....with what I still need to do.  this very well could be my quickest project yet  :)   no real progress today though,  although I have been working on the stand {an effort to get that face cloth from under her}.   well.......thanks for the kind words and to those who hit the like button.  it's not finished yet......so more playtime is in store for her :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I'm just following along quietly, Denis and enjoying the ride.  Lovely and creative work you're doing.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

...and glad to have you along as well  Mark.   thanks for the good word  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Looking more and more real with each step,  cant wait for you to launch her  go catch us some fish mate.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

thank you OC......yea,  still more to do yet.  I took Sunday and today off........feels great.  but I'm job hunting.....I'm done with the B.S.  yesterday was spent on planking the Tumbl'in Dice.....not much on Norden.  I'm working still on the stand.....not much left to do.  I hope to have a update for her soon though.   thanks for the good word :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Lovely work, and will be a fine addition to the boat yard when completed, its the small details that make all the difference

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

thank you Kevin........and all who hit the like button.   I really need to get back to her........planking has distracted me something terrible.   I will make time for her today ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

hello Lawrence.....thanks for the kind comment.  hope to get something done on her today.......but it's so nice outside :)  {very unnatural}.  I took the Gibb-miester on an extended walk yesterday.   things are gonna go down hill by Friday though........I hear all rain,  but there may be some snow mixed in.   I have a couple more things up my sleeve,  but I should get my butt in gear and get the kit supplied aspects done too  ;) 

it's kinda hit or miss with the tooth picks.......I believe I found mine in a Market basket store {grocery},  but you can also look in craft stores,  or any place that sells party goods.  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hi Lawrence

Like Denis said they can be a little hard to find even though they are carried in many stores. Rather than wander aimlessly through the isles of your local market you might prefer to do it on line.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RSVP-Carved-Gourmet-Toothpick-Refills-for-Buffet-Party-or-for-Dispenser-250-pkg/350472682414?hash=item5199ccbbae:g:MYkAAOxyRhBS7oqZ:sc:USPSFirstClass!98201!US!-1

Some more looking may also provide additional head designs.

Lou

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

after not making much headway with the T.D.   I though I'd go to the other table,  to see what mayhem I could cause there.    the boat was sitting on a towel all this time....guess I'll start with the stand first.   I had cut some thin felt strips......the best parts were cut into short lengths,  and then glued to the stand.   I used Ca,  even though there is an adhesive backing to the strips....I found they have a tendency to fall off after a period of time.   there is a sort of name plate on the decal sheet.....figured I'd use it.   not that I would forget the name,  but for others when I'm not around {who knows}.

5a998667b45eb_1.jpg.42079c5c4bf5b2164ded7a4f88fe8b76.jpg

now that the model is a bit more stable,  I was able to finish the main mast shroud lines.

5a9986e34e663_2.jpg.045285de0697250f04236ff50825644c.jpg

taking out the measly small piece of sail cloth,  I noticed that one end had some really bad fraying going on.  So I cut a fresh piece of cloth to make the sails from.      these sails don't do anything in the way of propelling the boat.......they are used primarily to keep the boat from rolling and pitching,  as the work is being preformed.   they are also simply tied in place too.......I would think there is some sort of rigging involved........I don't think someone shimmied up the masts  to tie them.   I'll do something  ;)     the short boom for the aft mast was put in place as well.......two shroud line were added,  as well as the stay rigging associated with the boom {no blocks involved}.

5a998a21754ea_3.jpg.656bc0bb81f46997de153d000bc73c97.jpg

I'll try and get a bit more done today......thanks for look'in in  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

On the home straights now Denis and looking good.

Are you planning on doing any fish boxes with handles using the supplied 0.7 x 1.0mm (splinters as I call em)? I found these quite a challenge and the air turned blue a few times I can tell you. Was disappointed with the plastic fish that went in them though. I'm sure you'll come up with some surprises.

thanks John.......there's really a few more things to do on her.   if I applied myself,  the Norden could likely be done by the end of next week.  :)  Thermopylae will be back on the table after that.......hope'in I don't botch it  ;) 

thanks John {#2}........still have some more rigging to do.........I did a bit more and finally added the break waters to the bow.   I'm ready to make up the sails,  which I'm surprised that there aren't at least a few hoops,  but I'm past that step now,  so that won't happen.   yea,  I'm not crazy about the plastic fish either.   I had some for another build.......never used them.   I'm not much into that kind of detail....but I do have an idea that I might try {we'll see}.   I was going to do a rack for the trays.   in the Cux 87 build,  the rack is one of the deck fittings I had to make,  along with a sluice for the catch.   it's a shrimper.

5a99e58bb7a2a_sternlayout.JPG.d54af9cf7580cbcae222432a3f4f33ac.JPG

I started populating the model,  when this one was taken.   my Sony camera had died too....RIP :( 

5a99e5b3c7cce_funnelstrapandhullplacard4.JPG.3a1bd174ed5f35f25bb2d3eb51394493.JPG

on the Mary Ann build,  I copied the idea and added one to this build,  along with a net repair rack.

5a99e62a98505_17.JPG.d6cb525a9915ccb55ad8d228dc987b25.JPG

I added a lot of stuff to this build....too much....I thought at times.   but ti was fun to do.   detail was added to the winch,  the hold and cover,  and the pullys that rig the gallows.

5a99e6ee69cf0_18.JPG.a6ef83143879b808b694cf321f01cd6e.JPG

the buoys you see on both boats are decorative jewelry beads,  altered with 7 mm brads,  eye bolts {although I think the eye bolts were already part of the bead}, and paint.  another thing I like to do,  that John {#1} suggested to me,  pertained to the life preservers.  the plastic rope was cut off,  and actual rope {thread} was cemented in it's place.

5a99e7fde307a_5.JPG.0e8bdac202abf820e58406c536fc5489.JPG

the decals was my added touch.......having this decal program was money well spent.   you can do about the same thing with photo shop,  but I think it's harder to scale down the size.   these two boats have the same general hull shape and contour,  as the Norden.   fitting one of these boat like the Norden would be very easy to do.  I'm going to do these preservers the same way :) 

so......I have a few more things to think about.....perhaps even add something else here and there.   OH.....and I still want to do something about a net  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Looking Fabulous.:dancetl6:

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

thanks OC........I don't have the Cux anymore.......it's out in Wisconsin somewhere  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Ah... wide ranging ship you build there, lad.  :)   The Norden just keeps getting better and better.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)