RandyM

Hello All

I am new to ship building I have always wanted to start doing it but I've had other priorities. I am 50 now and I am finally doing it. I have always built things but I know this will be a challenge. I am starting with the Sultana but I had to stop because I was careless and I put the hull templates on my office chair and my puppy had fun with them. I am currently trying to locate or get replacement templates, I have called model shipways and they said they will send them out but it has been 3 weeks.

Sorry for going on, anyways I am looking forward to getting going it will be challenging and fun at the same time.

Edited by RandyM

:sign:

And welcome from Belgium

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Welcome to MSW, Randy.  I'd suggest calling them again as your request might have fallen through the cracks, so to speak.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome, Randy!

I am 51, and also New to the hobby!  I also am building the HMS Sultana.  I’m sure you know there is a great practicum with pictures by Chuck Passaro on this kit.  I hope you take the opportunity to read it before jumping in the the bulkhead work.  I am following this as the main guide for achieving my first completion but it can be challenging. 

Please see see my log on my current (slow...) build of my Sultana!

I will look forward to your build!  Please take time to start a log as the folks here have some awesome experience to share.  I hope you enjoy the hobby!  

Cheers

Pat

:cheers:

----------------------------------------------------

“Work like a Captain....Play like a Pirate!” — Every Ship Modeler...everywhere.