Timbers_B_Shiverin

Wood Project Source?

Hello everyone.  Just thought I would objectively share my experience with Wood Project Source if you are considering using them.

I wanted some custom width swiss pear sheets for a project.  Crown (whom I had good experiences with) was no longer available.

Therefore, I tried Wood Project Source.  Since it seems there are few US suppliers for this type of work, and Wood Project Source advertises on MSW, I thought it would be helpful to others to post my experience. 

The timeline below lays out the history of correspondence between Wood Project Source and myself.  The key points are:

1.  I have been working with Wood Project Source for over 2 months on this order.  (I expect it to be slow process since it is a custom order)

2.  It has been one-and-a-half months since I placed the order. 

3.  It has been one month since I paid and I still do not have my order.

4.  There has been no response from Wood Project Source for the past 2 weeks.

Wood Project Source timeline.JPG

I had placed an order more than 2 months ago and no response up until this point. I sure miss Jeff and Hobbymill.

Maybe MSW should ask if they could withdraw being listed as sponsors, if they are not currently active in their business for what ever reason. 

Kurt

tasmanian likes this

I also recently ordered from them (in late October or early November)...just stuff off the site, nothing custom.   I got an immediate confirmation but about 3 weeks later I had not heard anything more so I sent an email query about the order.  The very next day I got an "order shipped" email then a separate email apologizing for the delay without any explanation.  It almost seemed like the order just got lost and my request for status caused them to find it and fulfill it.  But he did throw in a bit extra of the cherry wood I ordered.

Ryland Craze, Canute and mtaylor like this

I went through the same exact thing. Very poor customer communication via the written word. I found talking to them on the phone moved the order along. Took six weeks to get my order. My advice is to front load at least a month for your project if placing an order.

Canute and mtaylor like this

Everyone might want to cut him a little slack, he may be going thru a bump in the road and it appears he is honoring his commitments, don't jump to soon before you walk a mile in his shoes, it is extremely tough to be a small business in this economy and be competitive have been there in the past.

It appears all of you are happy with his product.

Cathead, mtaylor, BETAQDAVE and 6 others like this

Thanks for the update, Joe. I too was beginning to worry and wonder about where to buy dimensioned wood.   <sigh of relief>  

Canute likes this

On 12/29/2017 at 5:55 AM, Timbers_B_Shiverin said:

Update!

The shipment finally arrived yesterday, which means it took about 2 months to get this order completed.  Plan accordingly...

It really underscores the saying "measure twice, cut once", since any errors sound like it will take awhile to get corrected.

mtaylor and Canute like this

I placed a very small order for some Alaskan Yellow Cedar on Dec 14th and it arrived Dec 30th. 

This was enough for my immediate needs (which at my pace is about 6 months worth!). The single sheet was 0.025 x 3 in + some strips. Quality is excellent. The sheet was a little longer than the 24" specified and they included a few extra strips. I've not used this wood before but it is very nice.

I will definitely order from them again (I just wish my budget was big enough for "a dozen of everything"). 

Richard.