Another noob

scipios

Hi all, I've been eyeing up wooden ship kits for years and now, with thanks to Santa, I'll  be making a start on the Bounty (Constructo) at some point in the next couple of weeks. I know nothing whatsoever about building wooden ships so I've been doing a lot of research today (starting here), and am looking forward to starting the build.

Welcome to MSW scipios.

Do a search, and you'll find several build logs for your ship.   I suggest using the "Advanced Search" and the key words "bounty" and "constructo" and pick "Content titles only".  Browse through the other sub-forums such as the Shop Notes..." as there is a wealth of knowledge here.  When you're ready, open a build log as it's the best way to get help, encouragement, and also to help others.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome to MSW! Best of luck to you on your first build. Take your time, read far ahead into the build to make sure you don't overlook something and above all have fun!

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

• 2 weeks later...