Dory by cwboland - Young Modeler - scale unknown

It feels good to be back in the shipyard after a long hiatus. This build, as the title suggests, is a traditional fishing dory from North America and the UK.

Young Modeler is an outfit out of Korea, and after searching through the list of banned manufacturers, I posed the question here in the wooden kits general section of the forum to see if they wee legit. @ccoyle was nice enough to follow up on this and suggest they were a legitimate company after further research. So thus begins my log.

The package itself is quite small, bring nothing more than a blister pack with two sheets of 1/8" plywood with laser cut parts and two dowels about 8" long for the oar arms.

The front of the instruction booklet is also the front of the packaging, with a brief history as well as technical specs minus any known scale. It also suggests that build time would be about 2 hours.

Instructions are written in both Korean and English, and layed out in a very specific order. The first instruction says the order of assembly is to be "strictly obeyed". After looking through the instructions, I can understand why this is. Although not an overly complex build, if you miss a step or move ahead to quickly the whole build could be ruined. They even go as far as fairing the frames before attaching them to the base. 

Construction is fairly simple. Fairing between the tabs on the base, attaching the stem and stern, then the bulkheads and gunwales, etc.

I have yet to complete the starboard side, simply due to glue drying time and other Admiralty commitments, however building is generally enjoyable and simple.

20171226_163120.jpg

20171226_163018.jpg

Carl

Completed builds: AL Bluenose II 1:75  Gallery
                              Amati Hannah SIB 1:300  Gallery

Current Build: Bluenose II - SIB - unknown scale

Hi Carl.

There has been a few models by Young Modler builds on MSW.

There kits are quite unique and mostly Korean.

I have there Korean Turtle Ship. (The bigger scale)

Wishing you all the best.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section