Mamoli kit

Stevied78

In My opinion Mamoli isn't one of the best brands. their instructions are incomplete and limited English skills. their wood quality is poor. If you want to do the Constitution Model shipways has the best kit.

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

What Floyd said... but I'll add that Bluejacket has one that nice also but while MS is of the early 20th century rebuild, Bluejacket's closer to the ship as built.   There's differences in the way the models are built and the Bluejacket may not appeal to you.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Just what I expected,,thanks so much for the advice,,Im most likely going to buy the one at the constitution museum, as I live in Quincy ma.and will be visiting there when the weather breaks (16" of snow today) plus the proceeds  also support the connie,and it is the model shipways version,,Im a long way off though, first  finishing the plastic revel one, then the wooden Uss Syren,,

Thanks again mates,,

• 6 months later...

Remember that Dusek is now reissuing the Mamoli kits. Quality can not be compared to the old kits before the fire...

Look here:

Mamoli model kits are back

Mr. Pucko

Building:

Royal Caroline - Panart

Nuestra Senora del Pilar - Occre

Bounty - Occre

Titanic - Amati

Endeavour - AL

Santissima Trinidad cross section - Occre

1 hour ago, ronald305 said:

good to know that advise it that advise for the Victory as well 

Ronald 

25 minutes ago, puckotred said:

Remember that Dusek is now reissuing the Mamoli kits. Quality can not be compared to the old kits before the fire...

Look here:

Mamoli model kits are back

Exactly, cant complain about the wood, some stuff was redone and Daniel is always willing to send parts if something is missing, also it's nice communicating with him on any topic.

DusekShipKits > Mamoli 

Jacek

Current Build: HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models 1/64 

On Hold/Parallel: Lady Nelson - Amati/Victory Models 1/64

• 1 year later...
On 1/4/2018 at 11:10 PM, Stevied78 said:

Just what I expected,,thanks so much for the advice,,Im most likely going to buy the one at the constitution museum, as I live in Quincy ma.and will be visiting there when the weather breaks (16" of snow today) plus the proceeds  also support the connie,and it is the model shipways version,,Im a long way off though, first  finishing the plastic revel one, then the wooden Uss Syren,,

Thanks again mates,,

I think the Connie museum's model is the one made by Blue Jacket.

I think you're right Scallywag.   And as I pointed out earlier, the Bluejacket one is based on much earlier look than the MS.   The MS version is based on the 1927 rebuild (I think that's the one or close to it).  The MS is based on as she looked in the early 1800's.... 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)