AVOS 1806 by greenstone - Master Korabel - 1/72 - Russian Tender - test build

1 hour ago, greenstone said:

In Australia, we have an official sales representative who has been selling our kits for a year.

How/who do I contact when this model becomes available locally?

Rick

2 hours ago, greenstone said:

Yes, it will be with english text instruction, photo instruction and drawing

Wonderful! Thanks! And a very happy New Year!

currently: master korabel Schooner Polotsk

finished: the Swift 1805, the Lady Nelson

on the shelf: US Brig Syren, Le Renard and the Hermione

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2018 at 11:46 AM, greenstone said:

Yes, it will be with english text instruction, photo instruction and drawing

And the parts list? I'm experiencing some difficulty in finding the parts in the box and plastic while working on the Polotsk

The grain carrying over from one plank to another is a problem when precutting the planking (laser, CNC).  When we designed our 17th Century Battle Station kits, we made sure to randomize the planking (especially the decking) to get a random look and avoid the grain continuing from one plank to the adjacent ones.  Of course we were only producing 3 kits!  Doing this in a commercial venture is probably not cost effective.

Img_0194.jpg

Edited by DocBlake

Since the laser cut pattern is computer generated and controlled, I would expect that the cut pattern for the port side planking was designed to be the exact mirror image of the starboard.  Since both sides of the blank are usable, you could then switch planks around between the sides to camouflage any grain pattern. 

I note that with Master Korabel kits, that the laser cut (which has a slight angle like most laser cuts) is used as part of the design to show the calking as Spyglass points out.  True though that the planking could randomized on the sheet so different grain patterns emerge.. a bit fussy to design and also fussy for the builder to sort out.  

The other thing is that the deck furniture will break up much of the grain matches so it won't be apparent.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

16 hours ago, SpyGlass said:

That was one of my thoughts Dave. 

But I suspect these guys have other factors as well - I note that they allow for the slight angle on laser cuts in places - I would not be at all surprised if they had cut so that slight angle acted as a chamfer to help close fitting .

But  it all seems to come together very well in the builds I have seen - perhaps I am just  being tooooo fussy

Hello, gentlemen!

You are absolutely right. We do that specifically to help close fitting.

Great videos! Too bad I don't speak Russian. Interested modelers can really see your approach to LOTS of hull frames and assemblies that lock up very tight and precise. Thanks for sharing!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

9 minutes ago, ccoyle said:

Great videos! Too bad I don't speak Russian. Interested modelers can really see your approach to LOTS of hull frames and assemblies that lock up very tight and precise. Thanks for sharing!

I believe there are plans to add subtitles to these videos.

Finest ship kits & fittingshttp://craftysailor.com

6 hours ago, ccoyle said:

Gentlemen!

There are subtitles in Youtube and their translation into any language, including English

tr.JPG

Yes, I also make use of it. It helps, it's better than nothing. But the translation often make no sense. The machine translates literally. And that is not always the right way. For example: "I do not he can not be" what does that mean? It makes no sense!  Still, as I said, it's better than nothing or Russian (no offence meant ;) )

15 hours ago, Dutchman said:

Yes, I also make use of it. It helps, it's better than nothing. But the translation often make no sense. The machine translates literally. And that is not always the right way. For example: "I do not he can not be" what does that mean? It makes no sense!  Still, as I said, it's better than nothing or Russian (no offence meant ;) )

Tender Avos review video now has proper English subtitles without funny nonsense like "I do not hesitate can not be". Eventually more Vikulaev's videos will have subtitles.

Edited by etsinko
fixed last name

Finest ship kits & fittingshttp://craftysailor.com