Hello from UK

Johnnyreg

Hi all

I've been following this forum for a few months now and I have learnt a lot. There's a lot of talent and knowledge here. 

I have decided to join and hopefully make a contribution. 

I am currently building a Billing Norden T.72 and have just one sail to attach. This was my first build but now feel confident enough to build something more challenging so have just ordered a HMS Fly kit from Victory Models

I will post pictures of the Norden once I know where and would welcome any feedback. 

Cheers

John

(Harrogate, North Yorkshire, UK)

Hello John.

I always wanted to retire to Harrogate. A Yorkshireman down south is like a duck out of water. Welcome and I look forward to seeing your build.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

Hi John,

Welcome to MSW.   Post your finished build pics in the Gallery https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Keith

Thanks for the welcome. I have lived here for 60 years so can't imagine living anywhere else but that's an age thing.

Your builds are amazing by the way.

Cheers John

Hi Mark

Thanks for the welcome. I will indeed post the finished Norden pics where you suggested. I will also attempt to post a build log as I did take pictures. It actually took me seven years to build:

2010 started building

2011 - 2016 collecting dust on shelf

2017/2018 now retired and weather not so good so completed

Cheers

John

Greetings John,

Welcome. I knew a girl once in Harrogate but that now seems so long ago!

Mike.

Previous Build: LA gun deck cross section.
Previous Build: Lancia Armata. Panart 1:16
Previous Build: HMS Pickle. Jotika Build.

HMS Triton cross section 1:32.

Shelved awaiting improved skills:

Chuck"s Cheerful.

Current build.

Tender Avos.

HM cutter Alert.

:

8 hours ago, Jim Rogers said:

HMS Fly! WOW you are jumping right in. Enjoy and welcome aboard

Hi Jim

Thanks for the welcome. It is a big jump I know but I just love the look of it. I found a good site that will hopefully help me here: http://hmsfly.com. There doesn't appear to be anything about this model here on MSW unless anyone knows better?

John

8 minutes ago, Johnnyreg said:

Hi Jim

Thanks for the welcome. It is a big jump I know but I just love the look of it. I found a good site that will hopefully help me here: http://hmsfly.com. There doesn't appear to be anything about this model here on MSW unless anyone knows better?

John

John it is a great model and you’ll enjoy it. 

Regards,

Jim Rogers

Damn the Torpedoes , Full speed ahead.   Adm David Farragut.

On 13/01/2018 at 4:35 AM, Jim Lad said:

Hello John, and a warm welcome to the forum from 'Down Under'.

John

Hi John

Thanks for the welcome

Cheers

John

Edited by Johnnyreg
Got Jim Lad,s first name wrong

6 hours ago, mikeaidanh said:

Greetings John,

Welcome. I knew a girl once in Harrogate but that now seems so long ago!

Mike.

Hi Mike

Thanks for the welcome. There are some nice girls in Harrogate, I know I married one of em.

John

:sign:

Derek C

A man without a goal is like a ship without a rudder --Thomas Carlyle

Current Build

18th Century Whaling Vessel "Lagoda"

Finished Builds

Triton Cross Section by Derek C 1/48 

18th century longboat by Slideways - FINISHED - Model Shipways

18th century longboat by sideways from MS plans

To search for kits, go here:  

Pick "wooden ship kits"   Under "Fly", you'll find 10 logs listed.    Sadly, the search engine here at MSW needs 4 characters to search on.  It's actually not a bug.

Edited by mtaylor

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

1 hour ago, NMBROOK said:

Hi John

Welcome to the forum from just up the road in Asenby near Thirsk.

Happy Building

Nigel

Hi Nigel.

Thanks for the welcome. I used to go fishing on the Swale at Asenby quite a few years ago when river fishing was fashionable. In latter years I used to go fishing at Woodlands Lakes at Carlton Minniot. Not been for about 4 years now. Weather not good at the moment so rather stop in and whittle anyway. 

Cheers

John

1 hour ago, mtaylor said:

To search for kits, go here:  

Pick "wooden ship kits"   Under "Fly", you'll find 10 logs listed.    Sadly, the search engine here at MSW needs 4 characters to search on.  It's actually not a bug.

Thanks for that Mark. 

I've saved the PDF doc so now will have it close to hand. Lots of Fly info now so really good news. 

Cheers John

You don't have save the PDF as it gets updated regularly.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

12 hours ago, mtaylor said:

You don't have save the PDF as it gets updated regularly.

Thanks for pointing that out Mark. I will use the updated version in future

Cheers

John

9 hours ago, James H said:

Welcome to MSW, John.

Yorkshire is my favourite county. I visit York several times per year,

Hi James

Thanks for your welcome. York is nice we visit often too.

Cheers

John